<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: My new nemesis

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, December 13, 2010

My new nemesis

Well, last week at work was better. I'm starting to really like it at my job and I've really bonded with a few co-workers.

Our annual Christmas party was Saturday. It was a blast! The best one since the first one! I bough an awesome gift for the gift exchange. Driveway markers that are shaped like pink pigs, with angle wings, carrying presents that light up. I was planning on stealing them back, but then my friend from work brought the exact same thing! I will try to post pictures of them, they are too funny! We were joking that we were soul mates because we are probably the only two people in the world who think that that is an awesome gift. Two of our really good friends were coming in from out of town for it, but they got snowed in! It was such a bummer, but we had a really good time with everyone who came.

Sadly, that night I began to cough. I had a cough before, but it was very minor. Then it went away all last week. Suddenly, around the gift exchange time, I started coughing again. By yesterday, I was very ill and coughing up a lung. I just knew that I had bronchitis. I used to get it all the time because of my asthma. Like 3-4 times a year and I would always end up in the hospital with it. But, I haven't had it since the first year we moved up here.

I went into the doctor today to confirm what I already knew and to get the drugs I need to clear it up. So far, the drugs aren't working. I have to take codeine, which makes me itchy. Usually. I'm not itchy at all and I'm still coughing like crazy any time I move. But I know the codeine is in my system because I'm too tired to do anything. I needed to do laundry and all kinds of errands today... Usually I just power through, but I'm coughing too much to be moving around. I did manage to wash all of our clothes, but not put them away. Hopefully, my husband will do that for me. And unload the dishwasher and pick up the kitchen, and maybe make me some soup. HAHA!

We have a girl on vacation this week at work, so I can't call in sick. I"m not contagious, I just feel like poo and am coughing up a lung. It was really poor timing to get bronchitis in general. It's the only week I work 5 days. I work three "half" days, meaning 7-2, and then two full days (the full ten hours) starting tomorrow. :( And I can't take the meds because it's a DUI to take the codeine and drive and I can't do my job hopped up on a controlled substance. :(

So, I would like to say: Damn you bronchitis! You are on my list! I will best you some day! You have made yourself a new enemy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home