<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Work sucks

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Work sucks

When someone comes to you and says that they have a great job opportunity and it sounds super amazing, it's hard not to listen. When they offer good benefits, and PTO etc with a pay raise and it's closer to home, it's hard not to want to give it a try... Even when the little voice in your heart is telling you that you love your current job and that you probably won't be happy if you leave.

I don't think I like my new job. It wasn't too bad to start with... There's a learning curve right? Especially when you haven't been doing all that stuff on a regular basis. It's not too bad, it's close to home, I can drive home on my lunch and do dishes, eat for free and play with my dog. It's not too bad because I make more money, have better hours, and it's less stressful.

Well, now, it sucks. Everyone plays on their phones all day. And on Facebook. Don't get me wrong. If we are slow and there isn't a ton to do, then by all means goof off... a little bit. But last night one of the girls I work with basically did nothing but that for a good chunk of the evening... Did I mention that I was working during this time? As in, taking patients and cleaning etc. At one point, she wasn't doing anything and a vaccination appointment came in. It's simple, we take the animal, vaccinate them, then give them back, that way we don't have to charge for a full exam. I asked her to grab the vaccines while I got the patient. She said something about me getting them. I got the dog (who was crazy) and brought her back and this girl asked if I had the vaccines. I said no, I got the dog and she's crazy. She said to me (while doing nothing) "I know it's not busy now, but when it is, you should grab the vaccines and then the dog." But you just said, it's not busy, so why couldn't you grab them WHILE I was getting the dog, then we could have met in the middle and been done twice as fast? Then, tonight, she literally spent the better part of the last hour and a half of the shift playing around online. What was I doing? Cleaning, doing the closing list, medicating/taking care of patients, and dealing with client appointments. So, I was working and she was not. It's out of hand. I'm doing my best to learn the job. I'm doing my best to figure stuff out, but it sucks. I'm not allowed to do stuff because I'm still learning, but how am I supposed to learn if I'm not allowed to do stuff?

Today, I was scheduled to work at 7am. That means opening. I have never done that before. I got there, did my best to figure out what to do because the other two girls were late. One only by 10 minutes, traffic. But the other, the afore mentions girl who played online all night tonight, showed up almost an hour late. Didn't even call to tell us. WTF!? And no one cared!!!! What kind of place doesn't hold their people accountable to show up to work on time?

The job it's self isn't so bad, it just takes time re-learn, but everything else is really getting on my nerves.

But it's only my second week. How can I quit after only two weeks? I told myself I would give it until the end of the year to decide if it's worth it to stay. But, if this stuff keeps going on, I don't know if I can last that long.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Wow I'm sorry!That's pretty dang unprofessional.

November 21, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home