<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Silly, I know...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Silly, I know...

Today I got a new phone. It is the first new phone I have ever gotten that was not the free phone you get simply for renewing your contract.

Six months ago my husband and I upgraded our phones with our free upgrade. I got a crappy free phone. I love this crappy phone. It's purple and has a keyboard and is pretty easy to use... However, three months ago the screen broke... for no reason. Just stopped working. I sent it in and got a free replacement. My replacement is already not working right. It just chooses to not ring, this includes my alarm clock that is supposed to get me up in the morning for work. Ugh.

My husband lost his phone yesterday and we were told that, for some strange reason, we had two free upgrades on our account. We used our upgrades six months ago and should not have more for a year and a half, but I'm not going to argue. :) So he decided he wanted a crazy good phone. Even with our upgrade it was a bit pricey, but it's a super good phone and he deserves to have a decent phone-- he hung onto his phone for like 5 years before getting the one he lost yesterday. LOL! He needs a good phone.

So, we go to the store and he tells me he thinks I should get a new phone too. I usually don't do that unless my phone is physically unable to function at all. I opted not to. We left and he began fiddling with his phone. The girl at the T-Mobile store showed him all the cool stuff, helped him set it up and then hooked us up with awesome discounts simply for being with them for 11 years. So, after realizing I was super jealous of his cool phone, I decided to go back and get my first, super cool phone, for no good reason!

I have wanted a My Touch phone ever since they came out! And guess what, I got myself a super sweet, brand new, just came out, My Touch Slide (meaning it has a slide out keyboard, just like I like) with 4G!!!! And, I know we are super behind the times, I finally got internet on my phone! I've been dying to have that for a year! I downloaded some super fun (free) apps too! :)

And this super cool, new phone, that my husband lovingly encouraged me to treat myself to, happens to have a super cool pink gel case. LOL! The phone only comes in gray and I felt the transition from a super cool purple phone to a gray one would be too hard. And the case was only like $10.

I know it's a silly thing to get excited about. It's just a phone. But I'm usually very practical. I never treat myself to things like this. I have always wanted internet and super cool apps and crazy cool phones, but I could never justify spending that kind of money on a cell phone when a perfectly usable one was being offered for free-- even if it doesn't do anything fun. But, my husband made a good point today. My phone sucks and we are making good money now. It's finally time to allow myself to (sometimes) get nice things like a cool phone. And, the girl got us a wicked good deal on our plan. We already have unlimited minutes for super cheap. They call it the "loyalty plan" because we've been with them so long, but she also got my hubby unlimited internet/data and the same amount of text messages for only $25 a month and upgraded me to unlimited text messages and the same data plan for only $35 a month... then gave us a military discount each month. So, the money we save on our military discount completely cancels out the money we are spending on my husbands internet etc. So, really, we upgraded our phones and got the better plans but are only out $30 extra dollars a month instead of $60!!!!

It's definitely helping my funk. I know, shopping and buying myself something is not an appropriate way to get out of a funk, but... My new ring tone is Herbert the Pervert from family guy singing the ice cream truck song. How can you not be in a slightly better mood with that?

Silly, but exciting to finally have a a cool new phone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Ha ha yay for youuuu!

November 3, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home