<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: One of those days...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, November 1, 2010

One of those days...

By all accounts things are going well in my life. I start a new job next week, we've paid down our debt considerably and will be debt free (aside from the house and my school loans) in seven months. My dog is doing well, her chronic ear infections are cleared up and her new diet seems to be working. My husband is doing well... But, today, I woke up hating the world.

Ball is coming up and I'm not looking forward to it at all. Last year my husband made a few rude comments and it's been bugging me ever since. After just a few drinks he accused me of being drunk, which I wasn't, and insinuated that I was embarrassing him. It's possible he was drunk at the time, but it really hurt my feelings. Now, the one night a year I drink is probably going to be a bust. Most of the wives I know are not going, so I won't have anyone to hang out with and I'll most likely be sober to prevent more rude comments from my husband. I tried to talk to him about it the other day, but he just brushed it off.

I feel crappy about leaving my job and I can't sleep at night. Last night I was having nightmares that my new job had given me the craziest, crappiest schedule and that they had scheduled me to work the weekend of ball. It's like that all the time. I had a dream the other night that my husband was in the mob and my father in law put a hit out on me for being unfaithful--- but I hadn't been, so I was trying to convince everyone that the hit was unjustified.... Every night it's something, so I'm exhausted all the time. Not to mention the antiviral drugs are making me feel horribly sick.

Though all of that may sound like a good reason to be feeling grumpy, it doesn't justify my hatred of people today. Luckily I have not had to interact too much with anyone, but I just want to tell the world to F-Off. For the last three days I have been plagued with weird recollections of things people have done to piss me off. I don't know why. I will just be minding my own business when I get a flash of something. Most of it is stuff that I was justifiably upset about but really should be over by now... Most of it is just stuff that reminds me that people really suck sometimes. But, honestly, should I still be bugged by something that happened months ago? Between myself and someone that I don't have cause to speak to anymore? About stuff that is super minor in the grand scheme of life? No. It's stupid. I'm being stupid.

I'm just so irritated by life right now. I guess we all have those days. I'm really glad it's not happening on a day I have to work. I would feel horrible if I was irritable with people I work with who have done no wrong to me.

I just hate life right now. I guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. My husband told me he would buy me some candy today, that usually cheers me up. Hopefully, a few pieces of candy and an early bed time will make me feel better about the world tomorrow.

hohum

1 Comments:

Blogger Kaylee said...

I hope you start feeling better. I get days like that where I just don't want anything to do with people and the sight of them makes me foul. Then I feel even worse for acting that way. ha.
My husbands excuse for the reasons I get that way is that we don't "do it" enough. He says that it makes people grumpy when they don't. Lol. But my husband is not deprived.

Maybe a nice relaxing "YOU" day is what you need :)

November 2, 2010 at 7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home