<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: High School Reunion

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

High School Reunion

My high school reunion is due next year. For whatever reason, someone other than our class president has taken it upon themselves to plan it. Granted, I have a huge bias against this woman because she happens to be the horrible human being that I have spoken of who I used to work for... But I have to say, she's an idiot. She recently posted a survey about our reunion to get our opinions on a page she created about our reunion. She asked things like, should we reserve a place or just "show up." Seriously. Should we have it at a pool? Should we do it in "early 2011" or "June" or a few other summer months she listed.

Let me get this straight. It's almost Dec of 2010 and we do not have a space picked out, nor a reservation, nor anyone hired, nor anything selected for our reunion and she wants to know if we should have it in early 2011 (as in just a few months)? Not to mention, we had a large senior class and there is no plan for this reunion. She also asked if we were willing to pay to attend or if we wanted to try to make it free. How would we do that?

I'm not sure if she realizes that in general, you pay per person, there is a space, decorations, a DJ, and food etc for these things. What the heck? I was already in the gray zone about attending, seeing as I generally dislike most of the people I attended high school with and the ones I did like, I can talk to on Facebook, but if this is any indication as to how my reunion is going to be, count me out!


1 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

My high school reunion was this past October. I chose not to attend. Our class President got married a couple months before so she used that as her excuse for not having anything planned out. What about the last ten years?? She ended up planning "dinner" at a BBQ place in the next town over and the "get-to-together" in our graduating town at a hotel! Needless to say, not many people showed up. What is the purpose of a reunion anyway? No one cares anymore. At least not me anyway. haha

November 28, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home