<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Better late than never...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Better late than never...

I worked a lot this week. It was the first week at my new job. I found out that I work four tens and boy, they weren't kidding. Though it's often slow at night, our mornings and afternoons make up for it. I've already had two emergencies come in in just four days of working...

So far, it's good. I'm having a hard time getting into the swing of things. I guess that's too be expected when I've been out of the every day clinical vet medicine field for so long. Working with monkeys if very different.

And because of that, I missed Veterans Day. My husbands boss was very nice and gave him the day off as a thank you for his service. I'm glad to know that some people in this country still care. But, as long as I'm here, I will say: THANK YOU!! to all you veterans out there. If it were not for you I would not enjoy the freedoms I so love in this country. Thank you for defending my rights. Thank you to all of those who came before. To those who stood up for the defenseless, and those who fought so that I don't have to. And to those of you who still do.

And thank you to the families. Thank you to the wives who support their husbands through deployments and general service. Thank you to the husbands who have to play mommy while their wives are over seas. Thank you to the children who love their parents and are proud of them, even when it means mommy or daddy misses their birthdays, graduations, etc etc.

I'm very proud of my husbands service and his tours. And I'm very proud of everyone, regardless of which branch, who serve along side him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Awe Happy Veteran's Day to your hubby and YOU!

November 12, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home