<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Life is just crazy as all get out!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Life is just crazy as all get out!

So, I was sick. That you all know. And I got a job offer... So, what has been going on in the two weeks since?

Well, I met with the vet clinic to talk with them. I went in planning on turning the job down. I like my job, I like the people I work with and I'm happy. But, then they threw me for a loop! More money! Closer to home! Full benefits! Discounted vet care! Better hours! Holidays off! I stuttered as I said I would have to think about it. And I did. Long and hard. I decided to take the job...

So, last week, I went in all prepared to put in my two week notice. Then, the worst happened. I got stabbed with a dirty needle in an unpreventable accident. :( You may not know that I work with Macaque monkeys who carry Herpes B which is 80% fatal. Not good. I had to rush away from what I was doing to start the safety procedure (scrubbing the wound with surgical grade scrub) and then rush to the doctor for blood draws and tests etc.

So, I wasn't able to talk to my boss. :( The next day, I did talk to her and she begged me to stay! Literally! When I said they were offering me more money and better hours, she set up a meeting with the head of HR and they both begged me to stay and offered to work with me as much as possible. They can't offer me more money, it's against company policy, but I'm eligible for a few different raises due to time in my job and my vet tech license etc. They made a compelling argument. Then word spread through my co-workers that I put in my notice. They all begged me to stay- well, they said "Congrats! That's awesome! Get out of here while you still can! Oh, but do you really have to leave?" LOL! They are a bit conflicted about it. :) So, I have spent the last week going back and forth about leaving my job. Should I stay or should I go?

I have ultimately decided to take the job offer. My job promised to take me back if my new job doesn't work out. So, I figure, I'll go give it a try and see how clinic life is. Maybe it's boring, maybe I'll miss the monkeys... Ok, I will for sure miss the monkeys. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the monkeys. But, will I miss them too much? I don't know. What if I don't like the people and I miss my old co-workers? I just don't know how it will turn out, but I do know there isn't much harm in trying out something new. If it doesn't work out, I go back to the monkeys and that is that.

So, I'm leaving my dream job to try something new... definitely not a turn I ever expected.

As far as my exposure goes... Well, that is not going so well. They put my on an antiviral drug. I'm pretty sure it's making me sick, but it's recommended by the CDC that I take it for two weeks. :( One week left. The doc couldn't definitively say that it's the antiviral. He thinks it's possible that I'm just sick... But he also said, " There are not many doctors in this world who have see Herpes B, so keep in touch just in case... But it's only a 1 in 1000 chance that's what is causing the symptoms, but just in case..." Etc. So, we'll see. The last reported case of a human getting Herpes B was 12 years ago and she did everything wrong, she didn't clean, she didn't see a doc for days, all in all, it was poorly handled, so I'm not super worried. I just wish I felt better.

****

On a separate note- A company has approached me and asked to use some content from my blog to promote a contest they are hosting for military families... Verseo.com is hosting a contest to give away feet warmers to military families. They are hoping that they will be sent to service men in Afghanistan for the cold winters. It's not a bad idea. The contests is open now until Thanksgiving- ish. Check out the 100 Warm Feet Sweepstakes if you are interested. They have not started using my content yet-- there are a number of other bloggers out there that they have contacted also and have to get all of our permission prior to going public, but when they do, I will post that as well. To my understanding it's open to all branches of the military and all status- active, deployed, reserve and state side. Check it out. (I'm not being paid to endorse this, I simply think it's a neat idea.) I did my best to see if it was legit, and as far as I can tell, it is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Awe I'm glad you took the job! I think it sounds like a great opportunity!

I hope you're okay!

October 31, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home