<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Note to Self:

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Note to Self:

Always remember to get your military ID renewed as soon as it expires.

I was out of town when mine expired on the fourth of this month. I was at WSU and nowhere near a base to get it renewed. I asked my husband to make me an appointment to get it renewed when I got home and he forgot or something and I forgot because I was taking my exam and starting my new job and all of that.

Our base here does it by appointment only, and only Monday through Friday, and only certain hours. :(

So, I forgot it was expired and went up to NEX and the commissary to go grocery shopping. I stopped by NEX first to buy beer for the hubby. I showed my ID, and put it away. The woman then said she needed to see the birthday on it because I was buying alcohol. When I gave her my ID again, she said, "Did you know this is expired?" Crap! I did know, but I forgot.

Did you know that if you have an expired ID they take it away? I didn't. They confiscated my ID.

So, I now have no military ID and can't get on base. They gave me a lovely form that said they confiscated it because it was expired, so, at least I can get my ID renewed... But I don't really know how I'm going to do that with work and all. The first weekday I have off is on the 30th of this month, so hopefully I can get an appointment then. But I don't know if they will let me on base or not without my husband there to vouch for me. If they won't, then it will be a very long time before I can get my ID renewed because of his work schedule...

On the bright side, I'm sure this sort of thing happens all the time and I'm pretty sure they will let me on base to get my new ID. Let's hope they are that understanding.

So, to all you military wives out there: Get your ID renewed ASAP! Don't do what I did and have it confiscated in front of all of those people. SO EMBARRASSING!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Oh crap! I'm sorry girl. That is crazy.

August 21, 2010 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger The Social Frog said...

Wow, sorry that happened. I had no idea that they will take it from you. I just had to get my new one and had to set up an appointment. Good thingy hubby came though, found out he HAD to be there with me for me to get the new ID unless he had filled out a form. Something we never knew about so I am glad he was with me.

www.thesocialfrog.com

August 23, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home