<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: The life of the employed

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The life of the employed

Well, it's the evening after my second day of work.

I'd say I'm adjusting well. My only experience working full time was during my two externships, and I enjoyed it, but I thought I would have a hard time adjusting to it. Really, the hardest thing to adjust to is not having homework. It feels weird to come home after work and not have anything to do. I have time to pick up the house and do dishes and still have time left over before bed to watch a little TV!

So far I like my job. I'm in the department I wanted. It seems pretty cool so far. I'm not a tech, but I was told I can eventually transfer to a tech job. Really, I just needed my foot in the door and that was accomplished by taking the job I have. Unfortunately, I work in a confidential field and had to sign a lot of paperwork saying I wouldn't talk too much about what I do. :( It means, I will probably not be able to talk much about work or what exactly I do or my job title. But, know that so far I'm liking it.

It feels weird to be out of school. I will have to get used to having free time. That feels wrong. LOL! I feel like I should be doing something other than watching TV. It's going to take a bit to get used to having free time... Last week, I came home and had to study for my licensing exam, then I had a huge family reunion, so I didn't really get to experience spare time. This feels strange, but I really like it. I may take up some of my old hobbies!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home