<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Hohum

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hohum

So, in less than a month my husband will have returned from deployment exactly a year ago. In three months is when he actually came home. But in all reality, he didn't return to work until the middle of this January and return to life until later than that.

I was in school when he returned stateside. My life was very full with that, but it was ok because he wasn't actually home. Then he came home and it was ok because he was on leave and was home 24 hours a day. But then he returned to work. We did ok, but it was tough. I got home from school a little before bedtime and we would lay in bed together. I would stay up and watch tv in bed while he went to sleep. It wasn't too bad.

But, I graduated two weeks ago, and started my new job this last week. We get up around the same time in the morning, but I like to be sure I get lots of sleep and I don't sleep well, so I got to bed at least an hour earlier than my husband. I get off work much earlier than he does, so I'm home and doing stuff before he gets home. But he gets home an hour before I head to bed, so we don't really get to spend much time together. After next week, my schedule changes. I will need to be at work a hour and a half before he even gets out of bed. So, I will have to be in bed before he gets home from work. :(

To make it even better, I will be working Tuesday through Saturday and he works Monday through Friday. He's not very pleased with this schedule. It's not permanent, but it is for the next two months minimum. He's being very grumpy about it. There is nothing I can do about my work schedule and I don't want to quit my job. I like my job. So, now, we will go to only seeing each other one day a week.

It won't be the worst. For a year, I worked nights and he worked days. I went to bed right as he was getting up for work in the morning, and I left for work right as he was getting home. We never saw each other. On the weekends, I slept all day because that was my schedule and he didn't. But it was hard. Eventually, something gave and I had to transfer to a different shift. I won't be able to do that at this job.

I'm really hoping this works it's self out and we can be happy to see each other on Sundays and do ok during the week not seeing each other.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~His~ said...

You can always try leaving each other letters before you leave or texting eachother sweet messages while at work like on breaks or something. Just to maybe remind the other one that you love eachother and maybe have some contact with eachother.

August 22, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home