<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Feeling Crappy

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Feeling Crappy

Last week I became an official graduate. I also found out that they changed our graduation ceremony from November to September.

I sent out an email inviting everyone to my ceremony last week. I then sent out a second email inviting some people to my graduation party that is the next day. I then sent out a reminder email about both yesterday because hardly anyone responded.

So far, the only people who have responded to my reminder emails are those that had already RSVP'd. Most of them RSVP'd no.

I'm feeling pretty crappy because only a handful of people RSVP'd yes to my ceremony and only 11 people (out of at least 35) have RSVP'd yes to my party (most people have not RSVP'd at all). Now, I know it was only a months notice, but usually that is enough time for everyone to check their calendars and get back to me. I have never given more than a months notice for any of our other parties. I do usually send out paper invites too, but, between my family reunion and starting my new job, I just didn't have time. I explained that in the email so people wouldn't be waiting for them. (usually I send out a pre-invite email, then a paper invite)

What to hear what is really crappy and sad? Not even my own mother RSVP'd to my graduation. I'm not kidding. As of now, my parents are not coming. They live a half hour from the venue, it wouldn't be hard for them to make it. That hurts.

It feels crappy to have worked so hard for so long and to finally graduate and have no one care enough to celebrate with you.

Sucky. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home