<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Oh Boy!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Oh Boy!

The good news? I'm feeling better. By tomorrow, I will be good as new. I woke up this morning very, very sick. I decided to sleep for a bit longer and woke up feeling much better. I don't know how that works, but I'll take it.

The bad news? I'm sorta freaking out. I am studying for my licensing exam. I graduate in two weeks, and take it right then. I get home from WSU on a Saturday and take my exam that Wend. I took a review course online and feel like I learned a lot from it. It really helped. But because I was doing that, plus school, I didn't do much studying. Then I moved to Pullman and started working 10 hours a day and doing the review class... Not really conducive to studying either. The class is now over and I'm studying my butt off. I just won't be able to get it all in. I have a question and answer book that I'm doing and an actual review book that is just information. I haven't touched the review book and have 6.5 chapters left of the Q&A book. I just don't think I can cover it all in the time I have left. I'm stressed.

And I start my new job in three weeks. I'm sorta stressed about that too. I'm not 100% sure what to expect there and, though it is related to my field, it's not something we cover heavily in school. I just don't know what it's going to be like. I'm excited about working there, but it's a bit much to finish school, immediately take my licensing exam, then immediately start a new job. All I can say is, Thank God my job does not depend on me passing my exam!!!!

I want to pass on the first try, but it will be ok if I don't. I know people who have jobs that they will lose if they fail... So relieved that I'm not in that boat. But it's still a lot to take.

I don't really know how to process it all. I go back and forth between being excited to be done with school and being nervous about being out in the real world. I am excited to take the VTNE (my licensing exam) but nervous that I'm going to fail it. I'm really excited about my new job, but nervous about it... What if it's not what I think it is-- I'm pretty sure I understand my job, but I'm nervous that I don't. What if I hate it? Again, I don't think I will, but you never know. I loved massage therapy school, but when I got out in the real world, I hated being a massage therapist. What if that happens again?

Do you ever feel like life is happening too fast? That is what I feel like now. I just got to Pullman and I'm already in the home stretch to being done. I had six weeks to study for the VTNE and now I only have two- and really it's only a handful of days that I'm not working. And, before I know it, I will be at my new job. I'm excited to be graduating into a job, not many of my classmates are doing that... Let alone into their dream job... but it's going so fast. I was really hoping to have a few weeks to relax and enjoy being done with school before starting work.

All I can say is-- OH BOY!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger It's Something Beautiful said...

I definitely hear you about life going too fast. I don't know where time has gone usually. Try to relax and breathe though. Stressing yourself out won't help. Just do what you can. If you don't pass the first time (which I'm sure you will!!) you can always take it again and not lose out on your job. You will be just fine!

About you being worried you might not like your field - you'll never know unless you try!

Hope you have a great weekend and glad to hear you're feeling better.

www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com

July 24, 2010 at 9:47 PM  
Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Breathe! You are doing amazing and you're almost done :)

July 25, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home