<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Happy Fourth!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth!

I hope everyone has a great Independence Day!

I'm sorry I've been MIA. I took finals, packed and left for the other side of the state. Then I arrived, unpacked, spend a day with my husband, then he flew home.

I started work on Monday and my 9 hour shift with an hour lunch has turned into a 10 hour shift with a 10 minute lunch (if I'm lucky, sometimes it's no lunch at all). I have gotten to do everything I could ever want to... Except intubate a horse. I really want to do that, but haven't had a chance yet. But I have placed more IV catheters than I can count, I've placed an arterial catheter, intubated a million times, and created my own anesthetic protocols.

I'm in the anesthesia department right now. We decide what drugs to use, medicate the animals, prep them for surgery, monitor them and then recover them afterward. And it's not just for surgery. I learned how to use the MRI machine this week because we anesthetize for that too. Anything that requires an animal to be out cold. :)

It has been so cool! I'm learning so much, I am utilizing everything I learned in school... It's so amazing to me that I'm able to bring back all the stuff I have learned in the last two years and use it in everyday life at work! All that studying really paid off!

I can't really explain everything I do all day. It's very medically technical. I try to talk to my hubby, but I can tell it just flies over his head. LOL. But trust me, it's awesome. I've been sending emails. to my teachers and fellow students about how I'm doing. My program direct forwarded some of them to the campus director and they are posting them for everyone to read! I feel really proud of that! They keep emailing me telling me how proud they are of me!

The town I'm in is small and there isn't much to do here. The frat house I'm living in looks like 50 20 year old boys live here. Boys are disgusting. That's all I can say. But I'm working so much that I hardly have time to think about it.

My husband is visiting this weekend, so I haven't been too bored, but I'm rather boring now. All I want to do is sit around and recover from my long days. My job is a bit stressful, so I'm really worn out by the end of the week.

Whew! I'll try to keep you all updated on how I'm doing. I'm just so darned tired!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home