<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: So Angry

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

So Angry

Please read this post from A Day in This Army Wife's Life.

Just to forewarn you, I agree with everything she said and I'm going to go on a little rant here. You don't have to read it, if you don't want to.

I'm outraged! Not only is it sad to me that so few people were willing to give up their seats to for the family of a fallen Marine, but how dare people leave comments like that.

This is what I have to say:

I love my husband. I married a man, not a uniform. However, the uniform came with it. I stand proud next to him when he serves. But it's hard. This life sucks sometimes. But I did choose it. I made an educated decision to marry a Marine. I chose a life that many could not live. And that deserves some respect. I take no issue with women who know that they couldn't handle military life. But respect what we go through.

My husband is a defender of freedom. Not just American freedoms either. However, his primary job is to keep Americans safe and protecting their rights.

My husband is willing to lay his life on the line so that A-holes like that can enjoy their freedom of speech and say jerk things to people. He is defending their right to be a dick. (pardon my french)

During my deployment I was always so shocked at how callous people were to me. So disrespectful. You would think that I'd be used to it. But I just don't think I will ever get used to people being disrespectful about our military. My husband, and all the men and women who serve, fight wars abroad so that they stay abroad! They fight wars so that 99.9% of this country doesn't have to. Doesn't that deserve some respect?

And those of us they leave behind... I'm not asking for a parade or a thank you, but how about respect and dignity. We are asked to make the ultimate sacrifice. We are asked to live without our loved ones, and to send them off to war, not knowing if we will ever see them alive again. That kind of life deserves some respect in my opinion.

How can people be so mean? So rude? So disrespectful? Does no one in this world appreciate our military anymore?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

I'm with you! Absolute disrespect and ignorance.

June 12, 2010 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Jessikuh said...

Amen!

June 13, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home