<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Purpose

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Purpose


You say I must be nuts
To know how hard it was
And to know the sleepless, painful nights
While trying to hold a house together.
You sometimes say
That it can't be done
But you know I won't believe you.
You know I'll call you sobbing some times
And I'll tell myself I hate it.
I'll question my faith,
I'll question yours,
And I'll question faith itself.
And yet
I want that life.
I want the strong character
That comes by way of suffering
I want that strength that comes
From walking in the shadows.
Toward unseen promises
And intense dreams,
Toward broken men
And more devastating things.
I know I'll smile when the job is done.
Each job that comes, that is.
I know God's with us.
And though my vanity draws me close
To hopes of distances separate,
Toward chivalry and romantic letters,
Five minute phone calls twice a month,
And times zones full of hurt,
And soldiers full of anguish,
The want, and the need,
And the "I have to do this'
Sink in.
It's not a game.
It's not a hobby.
It's not pleasant.
But it must be done.
The call must be answered
And the brave must go on.
I have an ache in my heart that won't go away
Because I feel God's called us back to that life.
"In His time," I'll keep telling myself.
I'll enjoy what days we have to prepare for the future.


This poem was written by a fellow Marine wife. Her blog is wonderful. Check it out her at Marine Wife Unplugged

She was gracious enough to allow me to share this with you. Amazing, isn't it? It really hit home for me.


ralph w. sockman- Nothing is so strong as gentleness, and nothing is so gentle as real strength.

2 Comments:

Blogger L.C. said...

absolutely amazing!

June 5, 2010 at 3:39 PM  
OpenID hisredhead said...

This is absolutely beautiful! My hubby is preparing to leave for his 3rd deployment and I've already put on my brave face for the 3rd time around. Although a lot of military spouses go through many different things, you've really hit it for me with this poem. Thank you.

June 6, 2010 at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home