<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Optimism

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Optimism

Merriam-Webster defines optimism as "the doctrine that this world is the best possible world."

I would generally say that I am an optimistic person. However, this weekend is really putting that to the test.

Yesterday, I found out that one of my doctors, that I see regularly, is not a preferred provider and I am expected to pay $87 out of pocket, per visit. I now have a $300 bill from him because I didn't know this. And I'm pretty sure I will have to stop seeing him, after two plus years.

My insurance company sent me a letter saying that they are not going to pay any of my bills because they think I have a primary insurance that should be paying it. I don't. The insurance they are claiming I have is from 5 years ago when I was still covered under my father. I don't even know where they would have gotten that information. I called and got a letter from Blue Cross saying that I am not covered. They are also claiming that I have Medco. That is prescription coverage not medical. I emailed Medco and they emailed me back today saying that they refused to write the letter because I am no longer insured with them. So, I have no medical insurance. Sweet.

My husband called about the issue and they told him a totally different company. They told him that I had Aetna... which is my former dental insurance. So, now, I have to call them and try to get a letter.

To make matters worse, my husband got a rejection letter from the job he applied to. The interview process had seemed like it was going really well too. We thought he had it. We are both super bummed.

I never heard back from the job I applied to, so I'm assuming I probably won't. It's been a week. So, I'm bummed about that.

And to make it even worse, I have three tests in three days next week. Mon, Tue, and Wend. I have no idea how I can study for all of that. :(

I'm hanging onto my optimism with a thread. Things can't be bad forever. And all of this will work out. I will get my health insurance back. And our bills will be paid. I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home