<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Lesson of the Day

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lesson of the Day

One thing I love about life is that I'm continually learning.

Here's what I learned yesterday:

1. No matter how hard you study, no matter how good your tract record, no matter how long you've been in school... At least one time in your life you will sit down for a test and your mind will go completely blank.

Yep! I studied all day for a test, I thought I knew the info, and I sat down and looked at my test and couldn't even come up with simple answers. Example: Name two test that test for thyroid function. How about "thyroid function test." That would have been a good answer. You can to a T-4 or T-3. Both are "thyroid function tests." I couldn't even come up with that. Seriously. It was painful. I wanted to cry.

2. Sometimes crying does you no good. You need to pick yourself up and move on.

I wanted to sit in the classroom and cry about my test. But the reality is, it's just one test. True, it's the second test I have bombed this sequence, but it's not the end of the world.

3. A 4.0 is not the end all, be all of my existence.

I have been working toward my 4.0 for 8 sequences now. I am so close to having it. All I have to do it ace these last two classes. But I'm pretty sure, after my test yesterday, that it's not going to happen... And that is ok. It's not because I didn't try. My life will not end. And it won't matter in the rest of my life if I had a 4.0 for school. Who cares?

4. In spite of what I have told myself, my husband is not disappointed in me.

For some odd reason, I felt that I had to do well in school for my husband. He was so nice as to say that I didn't have to work while going to school. He supports me emotionally and financially. I don't know why, but I felt that that meant that I had to do well in school to prove to him that he made the right decision. That is not in fact the case. He is not disappointed in my having bombed a second test. He said, "it happens to everyone." And he's right. We all have at least one moment in life when we should know the answer and we don't. It makes me human, not stupid.

It sucks to learn these life lessons two weeks before the end of class, when I was so close to having my 4.0. But I think they are lessons I needed to learn. Life moves on.

I heard a great quote today : Stress is believing that your present circumstances will be your future existence.

That is pretty true sometimes. So, I'm moving on. How I do in school is not the beginning or end of the world. It is a temporary circumstance that I will finish in 8 weeks and be done with. Then I will be out in the world. It will be ok.


1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

I think its fabulous that you can recognize all those things and still be proud of yourself. Go you!!

June 10, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home