<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Questions and Answers

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Questions and Answers

So, I was going to wait a few days to get more questions, but I'm crazy busy with school and don't know when else I will have time.

Here it goes:

A little know fact about me:

I have a blanky that never leaves my bed... Well, unless I'm on the couch, sick. My grandmother made me a blanky when I was born (My nuh-night). I quickly wore through it. She made me only two more in my life time. One, is a small piece wrapped snuggly in a plastic bag in storage (My buh-bye). It is from my early days of childhood. The other, is a large blanket, that is mostly rags now, that is folded nicely at the foot of my bed. My husband does not allow me to sleep with it. I wouldn't anyway... Not because I'm an adult, but because my hubby sleeps in the buff and my blanky is never allowed to touch naked skin. Those are the rules. It can't hang over the side of the bed or touch the floor either. (Don't judge, I got it when I was 11.) But when I am sick or my husband is away, I sleep with it. I used it through my whole deployment. I sleep better... Rules of nostalgic childhood relics, I think.

What is my biggest fear?

That is a really tough one. I would usually answers spiders. Hands down... However, if you want me to be completely honest, that is my third biggest fear. My second biggest fear is that no one will believe me. Weird, I know. But I fear that someday, I will know something, or see something important and that no one will believe me when I try to tell the truth.

My number one, biggest fear is a horrible one. I fear for my husbands life. He is a Marine who deploys to war. He is a man who's goal in life is to be a police officer. Both very dangerous jobs. I fear, everyday, that he will leave my house, kiss me goodbye, and I will never see him again.

What is my most embarrassing moment?

That is a really tough one. You see, I'm a clumsy, ditsy, spaz who's life if filled with embarrassing moments. I fell down the stairs at my mother-in-laws house and seriously injured my back (I still have back problems to this day). When I went to the ER, they treated it as a domestic abuse case. Horribly embarrassing to try to convince people that I really am that clumsy.
When I was in Junior High, I started my period unexpectedly during band class. It so happened that that was also the day we had to be fitted for our concert uniforms. I was forced to change (while not realizing I had started my period) in a room full of girls and my female teacher. I still have nightmares about that one.
Once I called a friend to confirm our plans for the evening. She said, "I don't think I can make it out tonight, my dogs are barking." To which I replied, "I didn't know you have dogs?" Yep, that ditsy. I had known this girl for two years and been to her house, and I still asked about the dogs. I am very good at embarrassing my self publicly and privately. Too many stories to tell.

What is my favorite thing about my man, and my least favorite?

That is easy. He is a Marine. My favorite thing about him, what I love the absolute most about him, is that he is a Marine. He is brave, strong and loyal. And what I absolutely hate about him most is that he is a Marine, who is brave, strong, and incredibly loyal... to his men, not always me. It's tough to love it about him and even tougher to realize how hard it is to be married to a Marine, who deploys and all the stuff that comes with military life. Some days I love it, some days I hate it... Most days, it is just part of life.

What is my favorite thing about myself, and my least favorite?

There are a few things that are kinda both. I love that I'm an over achiever... However, it means I put an immense amount of stress and pressure on myself, which I hate. I am a people pleaser, which is great when I'm pleasing my friends and family, and not so great when I'm killing myself to please my friends and my family. I love that I am laid back about life, but I hate that I have a hard time making friends. The list goes on and on. But don't worry, in general, I really like who I am. :)

So those are the questions so far... Please feel free to ask more and I will do my best to answer honestly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chelsey said...

I absolutely loved your answer to this question:

"What is my favorite thing about my man, and my least favorite?"

So, so true. And, for whatever reason, it made me SO teary-eyed. haha. Loved it!

May 23, 2010 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Yay! I loved all your answers! Teared up a bit on the Marine answer but you probably could've guessed that.

May 24, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home