<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: My birthday party

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

My birthday party

Well, we had our big shindig last night... 40 hamburgers, tons of soda, and a keg of beer.

It was so much fun... I don't really drink, so I was the sober one last night, but man was it a good time. We had over 20 people crowded into our house laughing and shouting! Some good friends that we haven't seen in ages made it, so that is always a good time.

The highlight of the night was when my husband (who was considerably intoxicated) thought it would be a good idea to send beer home with our friend, also very inebriated, in a gallon zip lock bag. I'm not kidding.

She made it all the way down the stairs, at which time she turned the bag sideways and it dumped half a gallon of beer all over my entry way. Thank god we got all the shoes up before it spread, but now my entry way smells like stale beer. :( All I could say at the time was, "Oh S%&T!" I'm so glad we have tile down there. LOL.

****

On an even better note, I got a great email today. Someone responding to my ad for a roommate. She said, " I don't know if you have many responses, but I'm willing to beat your best offer." Wireless internet, W/D, dishwasher and a fully furnished room. And I will have a roommate for the summer.

The best offer I had gotten so far was $450 for an empty frat house. I would be there all alone, no boys. A kitchen, wireless internet, cable TV and a big empty bathroom all to myself. It was a great offer, but my husband wasn't too keen on my living completely alone. So, this way he gets peace of mind.

It is farther away from campus than the frat house, but she is throwing in a parking pass- a super good one that would cost me well over $100 to buy! I can't beat that. I'll drive the extra 6 minutes for a free parking pass. :)

Sweet!

Now, I just have to get homework done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home