<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Motivations and husbands...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Motivations and husbands...

6 weeks until I'm done with class and off to WSU!

I did get a lot of homework done Friday, so I decided to put the last chapter I needed to read off until today.

I thought that would mean spending time with the hubby... Instead it meant more time to fight. Yes, we are back there again. I have to say, we do not fight as much as when he first came home. But we are having an on going problem that is both of our faults.

Ever since he stepped off that bus from Iraq, he has been on Facebook playing games and talking to friends. He ignores me. I talk to him about nothing? He grunts or asks me to repeat myself because he is busy playing games. I talk to him about important things... same deal. This weekend, I was trying to tell him about graduation and the after party and he shushed me to listen to the radio. I'm not kidding. Put his hand up and shushed me. Not cool.

But my blame is probably equal to his. I have let this go on and on. I have only spoken up about it a few times. Instead, I sit and sulk. I sour, I resent, I get angry, but all in silence. Plus, when I'm stressed, I'm snappy. I have been increasingly stressed lately, as you can imagine. So, he doesn't always want to talk to me because I'm tired, stressed and grumpy.

After weeks of this awesome combination, we finally hit the peak of what we both could take.

It sucks to fight, but we came out of it well. We are both cutting back on our computer/Facebook time. We are both working on not being grumpy when we have had a bad day. We are both focused on spending more time together, listening to each other. All in all, I have to say, sometimes fights aren't such a bad thing.

*****

Graduation made me sad. All my friends are leaving me. I'm all alone now. It also made me anxious to graduate! And, I now realize that I want to be asked to be a student speaker. I have to be nominated and I'm not so vain as to ask to be nominated. But it would be a huge honor and one that I really wish I could have. But, I have had a lot of other things that have been a huge honor... So, I can't really expect to be asked. (I was asked to be in a commercial for my school! I'm interviewing for it soon!)

We went out afterward to a local bar. We danced and drank (I was driving so I didn't drink) and met some nice people. One really drunk guy wouldn't leave us alone. The bouncers came over to kick him out and he tried to get us to vouch for him. Like that was going to happen. We refused and he left. But other than that, it was awesome to hang with my girls! One is going home to North Carolina today, one is moving in a few months and the other I never see because she is always working. I'm going to miss them all!

Graduations are always bitter sweet, aren't they?

2 Comments:

Blogger L.C. said...

I am sorry about all of the fighting but I am glad it sounds like it is on the mend. As for graduations they are bittersweet, and it's sad at the same time

May 18, 2010 at 6:55 AM  
Blogger Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

I am the same way. when we fight, I sulk and cry and do the whole silent treatment then get madder for him not trying to fix things. I think every fight is a two person thing and especially in marriages we gotta realize the blame rests on both. Graduation is bittersweet but look at you, a commercial star! Almost :)

May 18, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home