<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Bar Opening

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bar Opening

So, here's a little adventure my husband and I had this weekend.

One of the men from that my husband deployed with in 2005 has always wanted to open a bar. He has been talking about it since high school. Well, it finally happened.

So we made the hour drive from our house down to Tacoma. Not my favorite place in the world. It's pretty ghetto. Not to mention, the "Tacoma Aroma." No joke, the city actually stinks. It's worse during the summer. We had no idea where we were going. It turns out the bar is in the middle of the bar district, which has one parking lot and all street parking. It was impossible to find somewhere to park. We hit the parking lot and found that Tacoma is filled with (pardon my french) douche bags. Everyone drives a huge pickup truck and double parks. So there were plenty of spaces, but none that my little two door car could fit in. We finally found one, had to do some major tricks to get into the spot and parked.

We went into the bar and found all the Marines, drinking... Of course. The drinks were fairly cheap and the place was pretty nice. It's the only country bar in the area, so it was packed. And it was the first day it was open to the public.

It turned out to not be much of an adventure. I was the DD, so I had one drink and called it a night. The only wife that I know well decided to not come, so I was stuck with wives that I sorta know, but not really. But they all know each other really well, so I was the odd man out. I had an ok time, but I was pretty ready to leave. My husband, of course, had a grand time talking about guns, the deployment and all things USMC. But we had a long drive home, so we called it a night just after 12:30am.

Next time, I'm going to call more wives and insist they come... And maybe get a hotel near by so we don't have to drive home. It would have been much more fun. But I'm pretty excited for our friend, he's always wanted to own a bar. It's a pretty nice place and I think it will do pretty well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home