<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Holy Cow!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Holy Cow!

Well, it's been a while...

Let's see what all has happened in the last two weeks. Ah, yes... Finals.

General Sciences, better know as the thorn in my side for the last seven weeks... Or as the class that crams chemistry, organic chemistry, math, biology, genetics all in one, is finally over. I have spent that last seven weeks swearing that "tomorrow" was the day I would finally lose my 4.0. Well, I positively rocked the finals. I got over 100% on my practical final and a 95% on my written. That 95% is the highest grade on a final I have received to date in the tech program. In the assisting program I could pull off a 98%, but the tech program routinely kicks my ass every seven weeks. I ended up with a 101% in the class, in large part, thanks to two extra credit projects I did with a class mate.

Lab animals and exotics? Not so much. I had over 100% in the class. I worked my ass off all sequence long. Too bad the final was worth 40% of my grade. Yes, you heard right, 40%, as in almost half of my final grade hinged on one test. And that test? I bombed. I won't get my final grade until Monday, but damn. 10 questions I wasn't sure I was right, and at least 5 I flat didn't know the answer. Did I mention that many of the questions had two correct answers as the possible choices (out of four choices)? Yep. For instance: The question was- Which species of bird if prone to egg binding? There are at least five breeds of birds prone to this. Finches, canaries, love birds, cockatiels, and budgies. The options on the test were budgies and cockatiels, plus two others I can't remember. But which one is the "correct" answer if both C and D are correct options? I have no idea. Sucks. I think I lost my A in that class.

So, there goes my 4.0. Sad. It sucks to work so hard and lose it because of one test... But such is life.

My hubby is gone this weekend. It's his first weekend of drill since he's been home. It majorly sucks that it had to be on a homework free weekend. I'm seeing friends instead, but it's such a bummer.

I also registered to take my state licensing exam today. On the first, I will register for the national exam. Then cram time comes. 14 weeks of school left, plus a six week externship, plus a 12 week review class (online on Sundays), plus my review books to read and study, plus another website of questions and answers, all to get my freaking license, so I can call myself a vet tech. UGH! It's going to be a busy five months. I'm freaking out. The national exam grades on a curve! So not fair. It doesn't matter how many what percent you get on the exam. This past exam, the national average was 112 correct questions, so in order to get your license you had to get more than that number correct. That is super hard. I know a lot of people who failed because of it. The national average is usually around 80 correct answers. I'm freaked out that the average was so high and that means I really have to do well in August or I won't get my license and I won't be able to get a job!

So, I'm almost done with school, but am gearing up the take my licensing exams. So much for stress decreasing as school winds down. :(

I miss my hubby too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Yay for almost being done with school! And that's exciting news about taking the license exam:)

Happy to see you're blogging again!

March 20, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home