<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Externship

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Externship

So, I have finally decided where I am going to apply for my externship.

I spoke with my program director and one of my teachers and they both said to go to WSU (Washington State University) if I can. It's a really good school and their veterinary medicine program is well known and respected. It would be the best opportunity.

I decided I was going, with our without my husbands support. Lucky for me, he said he supported it. It's going to be tough financially. It's going to be hard because I've never lived away from home or anything like that. It will be expensive because I have to pay rent and eat and have gas money, on top of paying a house payment and all the bills at home. I've also never left my husband. He leaves all the time for military reasons, but I have never left him at home, alone. That will be weird for both of us.

But, it will be the coolest thing I can do. I'm so excited. I have no reason to think they won't take me. I have great teacher recommendations and a 4.0, but I'm a bit nervous they may say no. That would suck.

I've started saving money for it. I've started thinking about where I'm going to live... Lucky for me, a friend of mine is going to be the first student from my school to go to WSU. She found a roommate who might be willing to take me too, so I'm really hoping that works out. All in all, I feel relieved to have made a decision. I was really stressed about picking the RIGHT site. WSU will look great on a resume and I'll learn a lot. It will suck because it's far enough away from home that I will not be able to drive home to see my husband. It will be six consecutive weeks away from home. We will be able to email and talk on the phone a bit, but it will suck to be away from him again. But such is life.

So relieved to have a site picked... But so stressed about being able to afford it.... But excited to go... I just don't know if I'm more excited or stressed. LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home