<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Hello Again!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hello Again!

It has been a while since I've posted... Aside from my post about the guy in Virginia. Truth be told, I've been avoiding my blog. After my nasty comment, I have been worried about posting things and having people be mean about it. But I can't live my life in fear of what some random stranger might say, so I'm back.

We finally got paid by the military! We got paid Presidents Day weekend. But, because our washer and dryer broke, we were only able to pay my parents back half of what we owe. But we did managed to get a great price on a new washer and dryer. Lowe's offers a military discount all year round and it even applies to sale items! So we got our new units on sale and with an additional 10% off! Rock on! They are being delivered today. I'm pretty excited to have a dryer that dries.

School is not going as well. I'm taking General Science right now. It's organic chemistry, biology and math all rolled into one. It's not a hard class, I understand the material, but I really don't like the way my teacher teaches the class. She is really hard to follow. Plus, she keeps offering help and not delivering it. I have emailed her with questions and she says she will get back to me and never does. I've asked for additional homework to practice and never gotten it. It's really irking me. No, I'm not failing the class. Yes, I still have an A, but I don't know how much longer I can maintain that A. It's tough.

My other class is going well. Lab animals and exotics! It's super interesting. Did you know that reptiles lack the proper chemicals in their body to make liquid pus? It's actually hard and has to be surgically removed instead of drained like in a human or cat or dog. Really interesting.

I can't wait to be done with school. I'm so drained, but I'm almost there. 17 weeks and two days. Then on to my externship. I'm having a hard time deciding where I want to go. My choices are amazing and... Well, I just don't know where to choose. It's a whole other post to explain my options and why I can't make up my mind. I'll do that in a few days.

Things with the hubby are good. We still fight. All the time. But it's productive fighting. We are getting somewhere now. He is getting better about listening to me. I'm getting better about being patient. It helps that he works all day and I'm at school all night. We are not getting under each others skin anymore. We still have a bumpy road ahead of us. I spoke with a friend, and ex military wife, about it and she said it can take a year or more the get right again. That gives me hope. It just takes time to get back in the swing of things. We will get there. It's hard now, but we will get there.

We are coming up on our two year anniversary. In all fairness, he was gone for a year of that, so really it's only been a year... But I still count it. LOL! It's hard to believe it's already been two years!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

hey! I know I've been gone from commenting your blog for months now, but I'm skimming through and just read your first paragraph.

Girl, I know there are so horrid people out there on this website. I had a few nasty comments while my husband was gone. This blog is for YOU and no one else. If someone can't handle it, fix your settings so no anonymous comments can be left, or make it private. No, you shouldn't have to do that, but I got to the point that I made my blog about "navy life" completely private.

Sorry you're getting troubled by people who have nothing better to do than to envy your life and try to hurt you. =[

March 15, 2010 at 4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home