<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Choices

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Choices

Well, first off, the new washer and dryer came. But they couldn't be hooked up because our laundry closet is too small. So we have to have the delivery guys come again today with a special extension set. It lengthens the hose so they can hook it all up in the hallway and then push it all back into the closet. Such is life.

As far as the rest of life... Well... I want to drop out of school and move to another country where no one knows who I am and has never heard of a Vet Tech. I've been feeling kinda blue lately. I do that sometimes for no reason. School is not helping. My science class is making me hate life and school all at the same time. And to make it even better, I'm coming to the time where I need to make a decision about where to do my externship.

I have two more sequences of school left, but I have to know where I want to go by the beginning of my last one. So, I really only have one sequence left to make up my mind. I kept telling myself that I had time. I wasn't worried about being confused and unsure because I had loads of time to think about it... And now I don't.

So, where to go?

I got into school with the intention of going into large animal medicine. It's so much fun. I loved my large animal class. Wrestling llamas and treating pigs is so much fun. So I could very easily go to Pilchuck Hospital. They do both large and small animals. They are one of the largest multi-species hospitals in the country and have a really good reputation. They only take the best students. You have to have a 3.6 or higher GPA to go there. I have a 4.0.

Or, I could go into research. I love research. I'm so interested in all the amazing things that come out of that field. Organ transplant, heart surgery, cancer treatments, new drugs, they all come from research. How neat would that be. There are a number of research facilities I can go to for school. They also require a high GPA. And I would have a really good shot at getting a job at the place I do my externship.

And my third choice, is perhaps the best one of them all. WSU. For those outta state readers, WSU is Washington State University. It's about 6 hours away from where I live, if not 7-8. I would have to live in Pullman for 6 weeks. It would be expensive, which is why my husband doesn't want me to go. But it's a teaching school. They have a vet school there with a huge hospital. They see exotics, large animals and do research all in one place. I could spend a few weeks doing research, a few weeks in large animal and a few weeks in small animal. I would get a taste of everything. Plus, it would look amazing on a resume to have done my externship there.

I have no idea how to choose where to go. I wouldn't get a job out of Pilchuck or WSU. It's hard to get into large animal medicine, so even if I did do an externship there, I wouldn't be able to get a job right away. It could take years to work my way into the field.... But it would be fun. Research pays really well, and I would probably get a job right away. But WSU would be an amazing experience.

I just don't know where to go. Choices, choices.

2 Comments:

Blogger ABW said...

Sounds like you have a lot of opportunities! Good luck with decision making, I suck at it, which is probably why I continue to collect degrees while I try to figure out what I want to be when I grow up!

February 25, 2010 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Well having to make a choice can be difficult at least you have a few options!

You'll make the right decision for you and your husband! You will!

February 25, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home