<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Happy New Years!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Years!

Well, we had friends over to ring in the new year and they ended up being here until 4 am! As much as I had fun, it was actually a bad thing... I made plans to meet up with a friend today and she lives a half hour ferry ride, and half hour drive after that, away. So, if I went to bed at 4am, I wouldn't be up until 3 or 4pm, so I wouldn't get there until late and we wouldn't have much time to spend together. Bummer. So, I opted to stay up instead. My hubby and I hung out until 6:30, then he went to bed. I played my ridiculous Facebook games and am now watching TV and doing homework.

I'm not even tired, that's the kicker. I'm wide freaking awake!

On the bright side, I will have a major presentation done, three weeks early, I might add. And I have some extra time to blog... Though, I'm still not interesting, so I don't know how good that is.

Honestly, I've been thinking about closing me blog. I love it, but never have time for it any more. I'm also starting to become really aware that people actually read it. When I started it, I promised to be extra honest on my blog, but now that I have nearly 30 people that follow, I realize that, sometimes, I'm airing rather personal things. I haven't made a final decision yet, and I would be really sad to not blog anymore... But how interesting can my blog be if I'm not honest? And, frankly, I'm not that interesting anymore anyway. It must be a bore for people to read.

Anyhoo, on to the new year! I want to make some new years resolutions this year. It will be a first, since I normally think they are silly and people never keep them anyway. But, it's a new year. I am resolved to be more patient with my husband, to stress less about school (pretty sure that one will only last a week) and, hopefully, start running again. The last one all depends on time... School doesn't afford me much free time.

This year was quite a big one. I celebrated my first wedding anniversary (alone). My husband deployed to war and came home (that sorta started in December of 2008, but I still count it because it was so late in the year). I started school. I finished the first portion of my program. I lost some dear friends (not to death, just life and the deployment) and I made some new ones.

It felt like a long year. Probably because of the deployment. It wasn't a bad year, but it wasn't my best. I'm sorta glad it's over. I'm ready to move on with my life. I'm ready to forget the friends that weren't able to handle the deployment and focus on the ones that were. I'm ready to finish school and start a new career. I'm really, really, ready to spend some time with my husband and finally start our married life together. I'm just ready to start a new year and have a new chance to get things right in my life.

I want to make some true friends this year. I vow to be more social to make that happen. I want to let go of all the bad juju that happened and all the horrible experiences I had and focus on the good in my life. I really want to forgive the people that wronged me this year. I'm not there yet, but I'm working toward that. Forgiveness is hard. Forgetting is harder. I want to be more assertive when people are taking advantage of me. I want to work on not trusting people so much. I'm too trusting for my own good, as my husband would say. I want to show the people who stood by me during the deployment my deepest appreciation and tell them how much it meant to me. (that one is also hard, I'm not good at the touchy, feely stuff).

I'm sure there are more things I need to work on. I would love to learn how to cook, but, again, time is a factor. But, man, am I a bad cook. Terrible. I would love to read more and watch TV less. The list goes on and on.

This year will be a better year. This year is gonna be great.

Here's to a new year!

I hope you all had a fun New Years Eve and I hope you all have a great new year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home