<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Sick

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Sick

Well, today was the first day of my first week off of school... And I'm sick.

I started to feel a bit iffy last Thursday, so I guess it's no surprise that I'm sick today. It just sucks. Just in time for Christmas.

I'm starting to get a bit of a cough, which usually means asthmatic bronchitis. So, for the next few days, it will be cough syrup and Nyquil. I really don't want to end up in the hospital, which is par for the course, once my cough turns to bronchitis. Damn weak lungs. (grunt)

I have a bunch of homework to do too. I really needed to start it all today, but I just didn't have the energy. My husband is being a good sport, though. He usually does terrible when I'm sick. He pouts that I don't feel up to doing anything and refuses to help me in anyway. He makes me get me own soup and tea and usually gripes if I am too tired to do anything other than lay on the couch. Today, he was good. He made me soup, albeit microwavable soup, but soup none the less. He also took me to get ice cream. Not one of my better ideas, or sick person cravings. It actually made me feel much worse. Then he took me to get McDonald's, also not such a good idea, but when I'm sick, I just can't get over craving crappy food.

From now on, I think I'm sticking to tea and soup. Just to be safe.

Being sick sucks. It is one of the single suckiest things about being alive. I feel very fortunate that I am not sick during school, though. I am very glad of that. I hung on just long enough. Thursday was the day I was at the horse farm, I wasn't feeling great, but I wasn't really sick yet. I was definitely feeling crappy on Friday, but nothing was going to stop me from taking me horseback riding lesson. It had been two months since my last one. So, I guess I'm paying the price of not taking it easy.

Saturday, I had Christmas with my moms side of the family. I really should have skipped it, but my aunt and uncle were in town. They work for the Army Corps of Engineers. They spend most of the year working in Afghanistan, so we don't see them often. I just couldn't miss the opportunity. Not to mention, my husband has never met my uncle. My husband has been doing military things during his last few visits and then he (my husband) was gone for a year (deployed), so it was about time they meet. They really hit it off too. :)

But all of that busyness means that I didn't rest properly and am now paying the price. Sick.

On the bright side, I'm reading a bit, which I haven't done in ages. If I play my cards right, I might even be able to get my husband to give me the TV for a day or two. He has been playing video games pretty much 24 hours a day since he came home on leave. In all honesty? It's driving me crazy! Do something productive already! GEESH!

But it's not so bad having him home. As much as he is driving me crazy, it's still better than a deployment. I just keep reminding myself that these are all the little things I said I missed while he was gone. Man... It's weird how that changes. When he was gone, I would have given anything to have him home driving me nuts, and now that he is, I can't wait until he goes back to work. I guess it's all about perspective. I'm so glad he's home though... even if he is driving me crazy. It's just hard to go from zero to sixty in the matter of a day. It's hard to go from living completely alone, to having someone else here, 24 hours a day, all at once.

It really doesn't help that I've spent the last two weeks, his first two home, buried in schoolwork. And now I'm sick. Not really what I had in mind for our two weeks of time together. I was hoping to get my homework done, and then spend the remainder of my two weeks off with my husband. He promised to help me get better at playing Halo and we were going to watch movies and see friends... If I can manage to get better in the next two days, we may still be able to do that... But that's a big IF. I feel like absolute crap.

Yeah for being sick!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home