<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Idiopathic dermatitis

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Idiopathic dermatitis

So I broke out in a rash the day before yesterday. It was very minor, but over the course of the day it spread, and fast. By yesterday it had engulfed my feet and hands completely. I went to school and in the four hours i was there, it spread up my arms and legs.

I ended up in the ER because my doctor couldn't get me in. All I was told was that it was an allergic reaction to something and that I will probably never know to what.

It itches and burns like hell. On a scale of one to ten, I'm a four for discomfort and pain. I wouldn't go higher than that because I have had a needle jammed into my nerve (for treatment of nerve damage) and that was like a 20 on a scale of one to ten, so my scale is sorta off.

I'm on three drugs and was assured it would go away in two days. If not, I am to go back to the ER for further treatment.

The sucky part? I was up all night at the ER and then looking for a 24 hour pharmacy. Then I had to eat, then finally went to bed. I have a test today. I barely had enough time to study and I still don't have it down 100%. I'm just going to wing it. I would rather get a B because I am tired, then not take it today and automatically lose 10% off my grade no matter how well I do ( it would give me a B even if I got 100%).

Bummer. I didn't so hot on our last test in this class, maybe a B at best, so I really needed an A to boost my grade.

This is my last week of school before winter break. Why couldn't it have happened next week? Why did it have to happen on a night I had a test the next day?

2 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I used to get rashes a lot. An Aveno bath will do wonders. Plus you can study while you are taking a bath.

December 16, 2009 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm sorry you had to be in the ER all night:( I hope that you did well on your test and that your rash goes away... Winter break is almost here and then Christmas!

December 16, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home