<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: One Week

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

One Week

One week, as of today, until my husband is home on leave!

A full month of him sitting on the couch, hogging the TV, bugging the dog, eating all the good snack food, distracting me so I can't study for finals, and playing on the computer/xbox. I can't wait!!! It will so good to be able to see him every day. It will have been almost a year to the day since I have had him home for more than a few days at a time... Man am I glad this deployment is finally over!

I wish it were any other week than finals week. I won't have any time to spend with him. On the bright side, we finally bought a desk for our spare bedroom, so I can study in peace now.

I have a four day weekend for Thanksgiving before heading back to school to start my new classes. I'm so excited for it!

So far, I'm passing all of my practical lab finals, so that is a huge relief and I'm feeling pretty good about studying for my finals (except pharmacology, but I have such a high grade that I'm not worried about failing my final).

On a bummer note, I found out that my national licensing exam is going to be computerized by the time I take it next summer. That would be good if it didn't mean they were raising the cost of taking it by $100. So it will be $300 to take my national test. Another couple hundred to take my state exam and that doesn't even include the price of all the study aids I will need to buy. Those test prep books are so expensive! But I do get to take the test prior to my graduating from school. So hopefully I will be licensed in June and graduate in August. YEAH! I know it's 8 months and one week and two days away, but I'm so ready to be done with school, I can't help but get excited and count down the days.

One week and counting for my hubby! One week and one day and counting for my classes to be done! 8 months, two weeks and two days and counting till I graduate! Holy Crap! That's a lot of counting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs P said...

Congrats on hubby coming home, that's veerrrry exciting! Isn't it great how we learn to appreciate even the "annoying" things when they're gone?

November 17, 2009 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Yay for leave days! Enjoy and good luck on your finals.

November 18, 2009 at 6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home