<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Life sucks sometimes...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Life sucks sometimes...

1000 note cards (literally, it was actually a little of 1000). 3 consecutive days of studying. A minimum of 6 hours a day. Prepping. Reading. Rereading. Memorizing. And what did it get me?

Well, the class I was least worried about because I had over 100% in the class (pharmacology), I got a B. Not bad, you say? Well, I studied my ass off. I should have gotten an A. But I'm just being nit picky. I still got 108% in the class. I could have failed that final and still gotten an A.

But Dentistry? Well, I had a 99% in the class and a very vague and general "study it all" study guide. And I did. I studied it all. From A to Z. Everything she ever taught us. Too bad none of it was on the final. We all walked out stunned. Did anyone remember being taught any of that? No. But I felt like I had most of it down. I knew a lot of the answers. I made educated guesses. So you would think I did ok... Yeah, you would think that. But no. A 76% is failing in my school. I got a 77% on the final. I'm not kidding. Three days of studying. Memorizing everything she has ever taught us and only about 25% of what she told us to study was on the test.

Her very vague study guide said to study, "instruments and their uses, malocclusions like having a wry bite, the ultrasonic scaler," etc etc. No specifics. What did I need to know about the ultrasonic scaler? I had to guess. So I studied it all. There was not a single question about the ultrasonic scaler, nor home care, nor anything else she told us to study. It was all random facts that we were never taught and were not in our book, because I used that as as study guide, so I know for sure it was not in there.

A 77%. I, literally, barely passed. Because I had a 99% in the class it dropped me down to a 94%, which is still an A. But barely an A. I should have had a higher grade then that.

I cried all the way home. I'm setting up a meeting with me teacher to see what I got wrong on the final. I have never gotten below a 95% on a final. I have never gotten below a 92% on a test. How on earth did I get a 77%?! She told me it was study fatigue. She said I studied too hard and that's why I did so poorly. But, "you still got an A, " she tells me. Yeah, barely. A 93% is an A, and I hung on by a thread.

I shouldn't be upset. But this means I will most likely fail my final tomorrow. That teacher only gave us one day to study for it. She only gave us the study guide on Monday and since I had two finals today, I couldn't study ahead of time for my surgery final. I have to study it all in the 6 hours before class.

If I can study for three days for a final and fail it, how can I possibly hope to pass a final I only have 6 hours to prep for? For that matter, how can I take a class for 7 weeks, get A's on all my tests, ace my homework and know all the material and still fail? So I have no hope of getting an A on my final tomorrow and thus no hope of getting an A in the class (I'm barely hanging onto my A as it is). I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail my final tomorrow. My confidence in life is shaken. My belief in the balance of good and evil is shaken. How can I work so hard and put so much effort into something and fail.

This is about to become the shittiest sequence I have ever had in school, and it's only my first one of the tech program. I'm watching me dreams of a 4.0 go down the drain... and rapidly. I'm not falling slowing, I'm plummeting to the ground with no parachute.

So much for my dream of the good externship... So much for my site that depends on a good grade to get in... I can kiss animal research goodbye.

Life pretty much blows right now. And I still have one final to go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I try to do the best I can too but in the end an A is an A.

Good luck on your next one and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

November 25, 2009 at 6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home