<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Disappointed

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Disappointed

My school works with rescue groups. We spay and neuter the animals for free so the students can practice on live animals.

We had a Miniature Pinscher in the a few weeks ago who was adorable and perfect in every way. I contacted the rescue group about adopting her as a companion for our Min Pin. They took our application and put us at the top of the list to take her. The catch was that her owners had until Dec 10th to reclaim her.

I just got word today that the owners are coming back for her at the end of the month. I know it is what is best for Katie. I didn't pray, even one time, that we would get her because I knew it was selfish. I have been torn these past few weeks because I knew it would be best for her to go back to her owners, but I really wanted her. I knew we could give her a good home and that we would love her a lot.

I'm so disappointed. In my heart, I knew what was best, but I really wanted her. I was feeling very selfish. I tried not to get my hopes up, but I also had to make plans incase she came home with us. Now, I'm sad. I'm trying to be happy, because she is going home, but I'm sad that it's not with me.

I don't know if we will ever find such a perfect Min Pin again. She was sweet, and loving. She accepted strangers readily. She was not fearful or barky. She hardly whined. She was not as dominant as most Min Pins. And I know our little one would have gotten along with her very well.

I'm so disappointed. I know it's selfish, but I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I'm sure the perfect little doggy will come along again for you.

Sounds like someone needs a puppy for Christmas.

November 11, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home