<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Black Friday

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

Well, we pulled an all nighter and stayed up to go shopping.

We hit NEX at 4am and were done with all the other stores by 7. We decided to shop around just in case there was something really good, but there really wasn't.

Kind of a disappointing. In previous years, there have been amazing deals, and I have never done the 4am thing. This year was kinda a bust after the initial early morning deals. But we got some cool stuff, a few really good deals and all of our white elephant gifts for our annual Christmas party.

NEX was dead. Well, kind busy, but not bad. It's out in the middle of no where, so no one even knows it's there. It's not on base, oddly enough. In general, we didn't hit too many huge crowds until we hit the mall around 8am.

We had lunch at 11am, went home and hung out for a while, then headed back out to pick up a video game.

I would love to detail the amazing deals we got... But I'm tired. I will say, I got a new Coach purse, retail $120, NEX price $92, my price $60. Awesome! The hubby got some not so needed, but too good to pass up deals on tools at Lowe's, who gave us the military discount on top of the 50% discount! It was a pretty cool day, and no real crowds!

Probably will never do it again. I'm just too freaking tired! But it was fun to see what happens when you hit all the door buster deals. Totally worth no sleep.

We are done with Christmas shopping and didn't even come close to breaking the bank. Maybe all those crazy, 4am, Black Friday shoppers are on to something. Too bad there was nothing else good on sale. We were hoping for some good deals on appliances like last year. Oh, well.

I'm off to eat pizza and hit the hay. I know it's only 7:10, but I've been up since 11am yesterday! Thank God for strong coffee, without which I would have never made it through my day.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and fun four day weekend!!!

PS. Pretty sure I passed my last final. I may have managed a 4.0 or at least a 3.9. WHOOHOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home