<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Ball 2009

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Ball 2009

This is picture of my dress. I absolutely loved it and got a lot of compliments on it last night.

My husband has requested that I not post pictures. He doesn't want his face on my blog and I'm sure most of our friends would find it embarrassing to have strangers see their random drunkenness.

We had drinks at the hotel bar from 2 to 3:30pm. I had three stiff bloody mary's. Then I had two drinks while getting ready and another two before dinner (during the ceremony). I didn't even have a buzz going at that point. I had at least three more drinks before finally starting to get drunk and lost count after my fourth or fifth one after dinner. We ran a $200 tab at the bar, so I must have had up wards are 15 or so drinks last night. Damn my high alcohol tolerance!

We danced and partied until they kicked us out at 12:45am. I went back to our room and had a snack and stayed up watching movies until 4 or so. We got up around 9 and packed and hung out waiting for friends to get up to meet up for breakfast, but they took too long, so we headed out. It was alright. We ended up bumping into some friends at the restaurant and having breakfast with them.

I had so much fun last night. I did the Macarena, and country danced to Johnny Cash. I met up with some old friends and made some new ones. I had a really good talk with our CO's (commanding officer) wife. We've been buddies since before he took over the company, but I never get to see her! She only lives an hour away and we vowed to get together more often. And she promised to make it to our Christmas party this year, he will probably have to work.

I have wicked blisters on both my feet from my shoes. I could hardly walk back to the hotel last night. I stole a cake and brought it home and some how we ended up with a coffee mug that belongs to the convention center. Don't ask how, I'm not sure.

Last year ball sucked. I got dragged into some drama with someone I didn't even know. It was one of my husbands subordinates and his wife. So my husband spent a good chunk of the night taking care of that. Then we ended up getting in a huge fight and going back to our room early and missing out on all of the after parties. Then I got the flu and was sick all night long. I know it wasn't the alcohol because I only had like three drinks. I had to wake my husband up at 5am to take me to the local Wal-Mart to get medicine. While I was there, I got sick again and ended up puking all over the bathroom there. It was horrible. This year really made up for it. We drank all night. We partied till we dropped. We never made it any after parties because they had all busted up by the time we left the actual ball, but it was worth it. I can't wait for next year. Three good balls out of four ain't bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Sounds like a great time and now you have a new mug to show for it.

November 9, 2009 at 5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home