<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: World War Three

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, October 5, 2009

World War Three

Wow, did my husband and I have a good fight last night.

Just as I predicted, a little thing turned into WWIII. I won't go into details, one it's a bit personal and two, it was started by hugely ridiculous stuff. A lot of little things over the three years we have been together just sorta boiled over.

I walked away from him and contacted another USMC wife. She really helped me gain some perspective. She listened and didn't tell me I was stupid or crazy. I had really calmed down, but was still upset. So, when I went down stairs to eat dinner, I was in a less than stellar mood. It turns out that my husband was still fuming. So, as much as I was calm, I quickly fired back up and it started all over again.

I think we fought for a good hour, if not longer. It was really late by the time things quieted down. I told him to leave. He is on leave this week and I told him to go back to base and leave me alone. He actually told me he would, if he could just talk to me first. I let him talk and decided he could stay, but had to sleep on the couch. He complied to this too, but made some good arguments about why he was wrong and how sorry he was. I thought about it and decided that he could come up stairs.

We talked a bit, once we had calmed down and decided that we would both work on what we had done wrong in the situation. We talked about how we were both feeling about readjustment and how hard it has been for both of us. I know my husband is having a hard time being home... I don't think he was ready to leave Iraq. He wasn't ready after his first deployment. I often say, he never really came home at all the first time. His mind has always been in Iraq and he has been waiting to go back since the day he got home. I think we may be in the same position this time around. I don't think he is ready to be here and I am not wholly ready to have him here.

Luckily, we love each other very deeply. We both really want to make our readjustment go smoothly. It's tough. We knew it would be, but I don't think we appreciated how hard it would be. I'm hoping that this fight was a step in the right direction.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandi said...

Have you two honestly thought about Marriage counseling?

If neither of you are ready for him to be home then maybe the next step should be to figure out why.

Brandi

October 5, 2009 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger JW.BW said...

I am sure it will get better for you. Homecomming is alot harder than most people can understand. It takes alot of time, and unfortunatley some fights before its all over. Hang in there and Ill be thinking of you two.

October 6, 2009 at 2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home