<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Misunderstood

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Misunderstood

I realize that my last post came off as whinny because of a comment I received.

It was not my intention to whine about deployments or even separations.

Deployments suck, there is no way around that, but my deployment gave me a lot of things. I found strength I didn't know I had. I became more independent than I ever thought possible. I took up horseback riding lessons. I made new friends and lost some old ones... I had some horrible experiences and some great ones. And most of all, I learned that my love for my husband is stronger than I thought possible.

We military wives love (and are loyal) under the worst conditions and so do our husbands. That strengthens a marriage in a way most will never understand. My husband and I are having our ups and downs with readjustment, but our love is stronger than ever and we are determined to make things work.

I wouldn't wish a deployment on anyone... They are tough. The constant worry, the fear, the separation, the loneliness. It's not for everyone. Many people have told me that they couldn't do it, and I'm sure that is true. But I did, I had to, and I came out the other a side a changed person, but for the best.

It's true my husband is gone again. I will have less contact with him now then I did when he was deployed, and I miss him more than I thought I would. But that too will pass. In a few days, I will be right as rain and back into the groove of being alone. He hasn't been home for that long, so it won't take long to adjust back. It's tough to have him gone, when he just got home, but such is the way of military life.

I apologize if it sounded like I was whining... I was simply missing my husband.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Undomestic Army Wife said...

Dont let the commenters get to you. I have one stalking page and being just down right rude. Deployments arent easy. I am getting ready for the possible third so I understand.

Write about what you want and how you want. Dont let anyone else keep you from writing your blog the way you want.

October 15, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home