<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I miss my husband

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I miss my husband

I know I just posted, but deal with it.

It made me think about the last nine months without my husband. Though he was only in Iraq for five months, cut down from seven, he moved onto base for training December 1st of last year. Almost a year ago.

We missed our anniversary, both our birthdays, the fourth of July... And a number of fun family functions. My cousin got married and it was thoroughly depressing to attend the wedding alone.

But I weathered the separation. I learned to live alone. I learned to kick the worry to the back of my mind, I learned to not think of my husband too often, so I wouldn't miss him too much.

I learned who my true friends were. Some left me broken hearted and disappointed, some surprised me with support and love.

I finished the Vet Assistant program and my externship. I took a three month break from school. I read books, watched movies, and caught up on my TV shows.

All in all, nine months is a long time to be without your husband. But somehow, we survived.

And now he is sorta home. He is not living with me, but I get to see him semi-regularly. But Monday, he left again. He won't be home until just before Halloween. After spending 10 consecutive days with him, I miss him more than I thought I would. If he hadn't taken that week of leave, I probably wouldn't mind so much, but I got used to having him home, and now he's gone again. I never hear from him. I won't because he is out in the field for the next two weeks. It's weird. This separation feels harder than the deployment.

He was finally home, for good, and now he's gone again. With his deployment, I expected him to leave. I had months to prepare for it. I had time to adjust to the idea. But this training mission was very short notice. He didn't tell me about it until the middle of last week. "Oh, by the way, I'm leaving for two weeks on a training mission. (turns out it's going to be almost three weeks.) And he left the day I started school, which was a serious bummer. I was really nervous and wanted him to be home when I got home so I could talk to him about it. Oh, well, I guess I will add that to the list of things he has missed because of the military.

Three weeks isn't much. I did nine months for goodness sakes, but I just thought this part of my life was over for a little while. I though he would be home for a little while before leaving again.

I really miss my husband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home