<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Grocery shopping for two...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Grocery shopping for two...

We went on our first grocery shopping trip for two. Up until this point, I was still shopping for me, myself and I, but with my husband home on leave (who is washing the cars at the moment) I now need to feed him three meals a day for nine days. Since I live on yogurt and salad and he lives on crap, we desperately needed to go the commissary.

Well, it's not as easy as it sounds. I am a frugal person by nature. I make a list of what I need at the store and that is all I buy. I may deviate to get the one thing I forgot to put on the list, but remembered once I got there, but I don't really impulse buy. That is how I stay on budget. My husband happens to be the literal, exact opposite.

I asked him what he needed and he said nothing, so nothing got put on the list. So we got to the commissary and I began going down aisles and crossing things off my list. He began walking down aisles and throwing random things in the cart. At first I said, Ok, but it started to get out of hand. I put my foot down, but at the wrong moment. So, now we are talking to each other, tight lipped in a whisper about who gets to buy what at the store.

I eventually caved, because I always do. So we went $25 over our limit. We had to put that $25 worth of groceries on the credit card. In the end, we both need to eat and I can't always force salad on my non-vegetable eating husband. But we will have to get our budget under control.

It's so hard to know how much you are going to spending on groceries when you are used to only shopping for one. I have been shopping for one for nine months now. $100 can set me up for three weeks worth of groceries, but that is barely a weeks worth for me and my husband. It's going to be tough to get our food spending under control.

2 Comments:

Blogger JW.BW said...

I know what you mean!! Grocery shopping is sooo exspensive now!! I detest it!! We started going to sams for our meat, and I think that saves us some, the kids can eat their weight in sandwiches so we got through A TON of bread on the weekends... yes, food will bankrupt us all!!!!

October 4, 2009 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I enjoy reading your blog, you have a new follower =]

I sort of feel the opposite as you right now. I'm grocery shopping for one for the first time and I buy way too much... it really is more difficult than people think to add/cut people out of your planning!

October 5, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home