<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Bad Day

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bad Day

Had a bad day. A bad week really.

My dentistry teacher announced that she doesn't care how much homework our other teachers are giving us, she now wants us to read ahead. She said this on Tuesday regarding the test she is giving us on Thursday (tomorrow). She said it's too bad that she didn't assign the reading, that we haven't read it, and that she decided to put it on our test with only two days notice.

Did I mention that it's really only one days notice because I spend all day Wend studying for my surgery test that I have each week? Oh and we also take a pharmacology test the same day as dentistry every week on Thursday.

So I have no time to study and now have to find time to read two additional chapters and memorize the important facts while studying for a second test tomorrow.

And to make my week even more awesome. I failed a test today. Big time. Bombed it. Our teacher gave us and idea what to study. She said anything from last week was fair game for the test. I've been studying my ass of for this test. We covered and insane amount of information last week. Well, she handed out the test and a few students raised their hands and asked, "is this the right test?" I'm not joking. Exact quote. She gave us a test that had nothing from last week on it. Not a single thing.

The whole test was random stuff that she has never told us. A lot of it was about anesthesia machines, which we had barely touched on this Monday, as in two days ago. She said it was all common knowledge stuff that we should have learned in the assistant program. I don't know what assistant program she is talking about because my teacher never touched on anything that was on this test.

I tallied up how much the test was worth and how many answers I know for sure are right. I left three blank, three were extra credit and I guessed on four. At best, I got a 72%. In my school, anything below a 73% in considered a failing grade. Tough grading, I know.

So I majorly failed a test today. The whole class did. We talked about it and not a single person thinks they passed. It was super unfair. I don't know why my teacher did that to us. Some of it was in the reading she assigned, but to be honest, she assigns 4-6 chapters a weekend. It's usually around 300-400 pages. Add that to three chapters of pharmacology (at least 150 more pages) and at least two chapters of dentistry a weekend (none of this includes any actual homework assignments) and I'm lucky to have half of it read by Monday, and that doesn't mean I retain any of it. I read every page of what she assigned and it only helped with two questions. There were four total from the reading, but I couldn't remember enough of it to help with the other two.

I want to cry. I want to scream. I want to quit. But I'm still in that weird "nothing phases me" stage. I'm still really detached from it all. I don't feel stressed, I don't feel overwhelmed. I feel nothing. I'm not happy, I'm not sad. I'm nothing. I'm not even apathetic. If I were, I would at least feel like things aren't worth it and maybe even feel a bit sad. But no, I'm nothing.

I'm telling you, I'm going to crack. Something is going to give eventually. I'm too calm and collected. I should be a mess right now. I should be freaking out. I mean, I failed a freaking test for goodness sakes! I have never failed a test in my life. And I maintained a 4.0 in the assistant program with an average of 98% in all my classes. I should be losing it, but I'm not.

Weird, right?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I hate the way some prof's mark things. I got a 79 on my last math test and almost cried. I usually get perfect.

One of my prof's gives out "s" for pass or "U" for fail on our essays. And he benchmarks them, so at least 7 students get zero constantly.

I think that its okey to be in the numb faze. When I get in those times I write parable poetry. Its very inspiring when you find that scrap of paper again when your less stressed and wonder what it actually meant at that time.

Hang in there!

October 29, 2009 at 4:14 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

I get weeks like that in my college every so often. I don't get quite as much work as what you are describing assigned but I work every night of the week from 4-9 so usually I'm up until the 3 or 4 in the morning trying to get things done. I don't see how you aren't completely 100% stressed out. I would be going crazy. But just think, one day all the hard work will pay off! :)

October 29, 2009 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I work fulltime and go to school fulltime too. I wish I could offer a piece of advice but I feel as if I am in the same boat. Whenever I think I have it figured out a low test score proves me wrong. And I am with you, I have flat out bombed exams before and the feeling after is very depressing.

October 30, 2009 at 7:30 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

I wish I had some great advice on how to keep from getting stressed out about school. I work 40 hours a week and take 2 classes right now and its a lot. Best of luck!!!

November 3, 2009 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

I wish I had some great words of wisdom. But school is hard. Its not supposed to really be fun. I work full time and take 2 classes right now so I know it can be very stressful. Best of luck!

November 3, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home