<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: An Award

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

An Award

Well, after my crazy hectic week, I was nominated for a Kreativ Blogger Award by Sara at Little Rhody Girl.

Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award (Thanks Sara!)
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog (Done and done)
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award. (Done)
4. Name seven things about yourself that people may not know
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers (I will only be nominating a few, I generally don't pass stuff like this on, but am making an exception because I really like Sara's blog and she has been very supportive of mine)
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they've been nominated.

Here are my seven things:

1. I don't really want to be a Vet Tech. I was originally going to school for criminal psychology. I was going to apply at the FBI to become an agent when I graduated from college. My dream has always been to be an FBI profiler (very hard to do), but that was all put aside when I met and married my husband. Someday, I'm going to go back and finish my degree, even though I will never be apart of the FBI. I don't regret my decision to give up my dream, but I do have a hard time figuring out what I want to do now.

2. I am madly in love with Dane Cook (famous comedian). He loves me too, he just doesn't know it yet. This love affair started long before I met my husband. I have explained it to him and he understands that some things are just meant to be (giggle).

3. I have no problem euthanizing animals. I thought long and hard before choosing to become a Vet Tech, and have always understood that it is part of my job, not a great part, but something I have to do none the less. Don't get me wrong, I don't enjoy it, but I do not have the internal struggle that most people have. Sometimes it's the right thing to do for the animal to prevent suffering and I know that.

4. I really want to own a horse ranch someday. I love horses and would love to have a whole ranch full to train and ride. My husband worked on a horse farm growing up and knows all about it. I would love to have enough space to offer lessons to kids (and adults) who want to learn to ride. Maybe even enough acres for a cross country course. That's where I would like to retire.

5. This goes along with number 4- I love Montana and really want to live there someday. Even if it's just part of the year. My mother and her family are from Montana and we visit as often as we can. I love everything about it out there.

6. I am half Japanese. Since I don't post pictures on my blog that often, and when I do, the faces are often obscured, I figured y'all didn't know this about me. I am half Japanese, 1/4 norwegian, and English, Irish, Dutch/German. My dad is full Japanese and my mom is white. I am very Japanese... My dads culture won out in the war and I was raised in a a very Japanese home with all the traditions. Sometimes it's hard for me to function in normal society because of my crazy culture, I know it complicates things with my husband! LOL!

7. I miss working nights. I go to night school, but it's not the same. I still have to be in bed around midnight, to be up early in the morning to study. I miss working until 3am and going to bed around 5am. Sometimes I think about going into an emergency specialty, when I get out of school, so I can work nights again.



I nominate:

These are people who comment on my blog and I actually read theirs... Everyone else, not so much. Sorry, I told you I probably wouldn't nominate seven people. I tried for three, but couldn't think of anyone that Sara didn't already nominate. (frowny face)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home