<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: The stress of living together

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The stress of living together

Ok, so my husband got off the bus on Friday and had the rest of the day off.  But he had to work the rest of the weekend.  Originally they were scheduled to work five half days then get 96 hours of leave, but the powers at be said, "Hell No!  We want our leave ASAP!"  So they worked two full days and got all of their stuff done early.  

This is good and bad.  Good because I was able to stay in town all day Sunday and drive my husband home, instead of driving home just to turn around and drive back a few days later.  It's a three hour drive each way, so I'm super glad he came home Sunday.  However, it also means, I went from being by myself 24 hours a day, to having someone here with me 24 hours a day over night.  It's a big adjustment to make.  

I am used to doing things on my own time, when I want to.  I'm used to going to bed whenever I want and watching whatever I want on TV.  I read whenever I want.  With my husband home, I have to do it when we both agree.  I have to think of what's best for both of us.  I have to consider him in everything I do.  It's very hard to be alone, with very little contact with other people, to suddenly being around someone 24 hours a day.

We haven't started fighting.  My husband seems very understanding that this is a hard adjustment to make.  He is making his own adjustments.  It's not easy to come home from war.  So we are just sorta feeling it out right now.  He has to report back to duty tomorrow morning, but it's another half day because the CO wants the weekend off.  So, he will be home tomorrow evening.  I won't have a day to myself until Monday.  Man, I am looking forward to Monday.  

I missed my husband, and I'm glad he's home, but it is super stressful to have him around.  We are both having to be very careful with each other.  For instance, I'm not ready to hear about his dangerous missions.  I'm not ready to hear about what he did over there, but he seems to want to talk a lot about it.  He's not ready for me to tell him how to do things.  He wants to help me clean and pick up, but I do things a certain way and he wants to do them his way.  He's not ready to relinquish control of those things and neither am I.  I mean, it's been my house for nine months.  I like things a certain way and I'm not ready to allow him to come in and mess that up.  But our house is a mess.  We've been so busy since he got home and his stuff is everywhere.  

I'm sure this makes no sense to anyone.  I should be screaming that he's home and we should be totally blissful.  But the truth is, readjustment is hard for both people.  We are doing well, by all accounts.  I've heard horror stories, but it's very stressful.  I can't wait until this time is over and we are living together peacefully.  I look forward to a stress free home. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home