<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Protein Shakes

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Protein Shakes

A few years back, I was a gym rat.  I worked out every day.  I had purchased some personal training sessions at my gym and was set up on a plan.  It worked too.  I was in great shape...  I also had a physically demanding, manual labor job at the time, so it's hard to say which put me in good shape, but I looked awesome.

Not one to work out and not eat right, I began eating healthier, and began supplementing my diet.  I took a multi vitamin every day and began making protein shakes.  Muscle Milk is all fine and dandy, if you are a guy and need 500 calories in just one sitting, but I am a fairly petite woman.  So my trainer turned me on to Isopure.  It has a ton of protein in it and it is super low in calories.  Two scoops is only 210 calories.  It has a ton of vitamins, most of which offer at least 50% of your daily need and comes in many great flavors.  I loved it.  So much in fact that I began trying all the flavors.

Well, I bought a big thing of mango and something or other flavored Isopure.  It is the grossest stuff I have ever had.  It has a horrible after taste and tastes nothing like mango.  I wish I had stuck with chocolate.  But, I have a huge thing of this stuff.  After a while, I had to leave the gym.  I went out of work on disability and couldn't afford my membership anymore.  But I still have the Isopure.

I would give anything to have a different flavor.  But I'm stuck.  I haven't drunk the stuff in at least a year,  it usually just sits at the top of the pantry taking up space.  I can't bring myself to throw it out because Isopure is not cheap.  It's a good value because you only need one scoop per serving, so it last forever.  But there in lies my problem.  It last forever.  

Well, with my lack of food has come a new need.  I need protein.  Carbs I have, but not much protein in the diet.  Veggies I can make up for later and fruit too, but protein is a must have.  Not to mention, I have eaten Top Ramen two days in a row now and am finding it hard to convince myself that I want to eat it again.  So I have decided to start drinking my horrible mango flavored Isopure.  I need the vitamins, and don't want to eat noodles for every meal for the next week.  

Blachhh!  I'm debating if protein powder counts as groceries.  In spirit, I think it does.  It's a meal replacement, so it counts as food.  Bummer.  I wish I could justify going out and buying a different flavor.  And I have nothing in the house to mix it with to make it taste better.  Oh, what I wouldn't give for a few bananas right now.  (Sigh)


1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

man you have more will power then I will ever have!

as far as that isopure stuff is concerned which flavor do you reccomend? I have been in the market for something similar

September 5, 2009 at 2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home