<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Our first fight

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our first fight

My husband and I had our first fight since he's been home.  So much for tip-toeing around each other.

It wasn't a huge fight.  It was more, we were both stressed and needed to vent.  I was angry that he opened the windows.  I had asked him not to.  It's not very warm around here anymore, at least not at night.  I get cold.  He opened them anyway and said he thought I said to not turn on the fan...  He was angry that I was angry.  It was a stupid fight.  

We survived it with very little pain on either of our parts.  I expected it to be much worse.  With all the stress we are under, I was expected a little thing to really blow up in our faces.  In our past life (pre deployment) that is what would have happened.  We would both be stressed and something small would turn into WWIII.  We would fight for hours about every little injustice that we have ever felt.  But while he was gone, we agreed to try to stop that.  We decided, mostly after spending the first half of the deployment fighting on the phone, that we weren't going to fight major fights anymore.   From now on, we are going to try to talk about things before they become an issue.  

I was irritated with him, but not irrationally mad.  He was frustrated, but calmly listened to me.  All in all, it was fairly productive.  We went to bed, he got and and drove to base to report for duty and 4 am, and still kissed me goodbye.  We have spent most of the weekend just laying around.  No more fighting.  

I'm sure it won't be our last fight.   I know we will argue again and I'm sure some of them will be big, but for now, we are keeping the peace.  I think we are actually getting better about fighting.  

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

sounds like you two are approaching your readjustment phase with realism and maturity, right the fights will come, but you seem to be approaching them in the right way, good for you!

September 20, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home