<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I'm so spoiled

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm so spoiled

So our pay got screwed up. We are missing like $30o from our last paycheck. It sucks. My husband looked into it and was told that they just didn't know why. Most likely, they over paid us at some point and are taking the money back. They can do that and do it without telling us.

So we had to do a lot of cutting back this month. It sucked. One thing, my horseback riding lessons. Luckily, I had to cancel them anyway because my husband was coming home. The other thing, my house keeper. I'm so sad. She was due to come the week we got paid and I had to cancel. She hadn't been here in a month, so my house was long over due for cleaning.

I just got around to doing it today. We are having our Welcome Home party this weekend and we have some people coming to stay with us, so I had to clean my little heart out. It made me really miss my house keeper.

In all honestly, I don't mind cleaning. I love to have a pristine house and if that takes a little work, so be it. But I hate cleaning my bathroom. Actually, I hate cleaning the shower. We have a stand up only shower and it is a pain to clean. Tubs, fine, but stalls- Yuck! We happen to have two bathrooms so we have one of each. Luckily, the guest bathroom never gets used, so all I have to do is dust it.

So, today, I cleaned the house from top to bottom. I dusted, vacuumed, moped, wiped, washed, disinfected and scrubbed every inch of the house. I didn't do the windows, but they never get touched. Here's the kicker, and it goes to show how long it's been since I cleaned my own home... I went to scrub the toilets and have no toilet bowl cleaner! So, I have a pristine house and dirty toilets. My husband comes home today and we are running to the store for the party so I can get some then, but what a disappointment.

All that cleaning made me appreciate how spoiled I am to have a house keeper. I used to clean my house every week and do the bathrooms every other week. When it was just me, I was too busy to clean because of school so I hired a house keeper. I didn't dirty the house that much so the house keeper only came once a month, but my house was always clean. Now my husband is home, making a mess and there are two of us dirtying up the place. We can't afford to have the house keeper come more than once a month and that's assuming we can afford her at all anymore with my husbands decrease in pay.

I wish being a responsible adult didn't include giving up luxuries when money gets tight.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home