<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I really did cheat this time

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I really did cheat this time

Ok, so I cheated... Big time.  

I bought eggs today.  I had to do it.  

I am out of breakfast food.  I tried to give up eating in the morning, but after six weeks of breakfast, my body just wouldn't do it anymore.  Weird.  I don't think I've eaten breakfast in 10 years, and six weeks did me in, just like that.  So, I can make it to about 9 am, but then the hunger strikes.  If I really wanted to push it, I could probably not eat until 11 am and have an early lunch, but that's really pushing it.

I found a couple things of cornbread mix.  I had three things of blueberry muffin mix.  They make six small muffins.  So, I've been making them and eating just three for breakfast.  Tomorrow is my last day of muffins though.  So, I figured I'd eat cornbread for four days, but I need eggs for the mix.  

It's not so horrible a cheat, if I was just buying eggs for the muffins, but I bought a dozen.  I couldn't help myself. 

Here's my justification:

I need two eggs to make the cornbread.  In a few days, I will be down to just Top Ramen to eat.  Top Ramen is not nutritious at all, but if I add an egg to it, it's got some good fat and protein in it.  Plus, when I'm out of cornbread, I can have two, scrambled eggs for breakfast.  

Yes, it goes against the rules completely.  According to the rules I set out for myself, I could not go buy food.  I had to eat what I have.  So, what I should be doing is eating Top Ramen for breakfast, or soup or instant mashed potatoes.  But I just can't do it.  Well... I could, but I don't want to.  I would have done just that, had I not needed the eggs for the cornbread.  And what I should have done was buy a pack of six eggs.  I only needed two, so the smallest amount I can buy would have been better.  It would only be breaking the rules a little bit.  But I got there and the eggs were on sale and it sounded so nice to have egg in my Top Ramen, so a dozen it was.

New rule:  I can buy eggs to put in my Top Ramen (and to have for breakfast).  

So the rules are as such:
No grocery shopping
I have to eat everything in the house before I can go grocery shopping again.
I must make a good faith effort to eat my 10 days worth of Top Ramen.
I can buy eggs.  

Ok, so maybe the last rule flies in the face of all I am trying to accomplish, but I think it's going to have to stick.  Eggs make 10 days worth of Top Ramen seem much more bearable.

So, if you are keeping track, I have gone almost six weeks (possibly seven) without grocery shopping, but have bought crackers and eggs in the last week.  I guess it's a small victory that I haven't completely given in and bought food.

I promised, last week, to post what is left in my house this week, so here it goes:

Freezer: 
1 chicken breast
1/2 summer sausage 

Fridge:
10 eggs
2/3 carton of milk
1 package of Yaki Soba

Pantry:
1/2 box instant mashed potatoes
2 shake and pour pancake mixes
2 cup o noodles
1 box of crackers
2 packages of cornbread mix
1 can of soup
1 1/2 box of dried pasta
2 jars pasta sauce
21 packages of Top Ramen
rice

That's it.  I have some things like peanut butter and such, but nothing to go with them.  I do have some packages of biscuits, but I don't eat those.  Those are my husbands and I have never liked them, so I have no plans to eat them now.  I think I have some instant soup packages, but they only make a coffee mug full, so I don't count them as a meal.  I might make them as a snack.  The rice has been my life saver.  A small amount is super filling and thus it lasts a long time.  I hope I have enough to eat with my Top Ramen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home