<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I miss my husband

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

I miss my husband

My husband recently moved camps.  Before, I would go days without hearing from him.  He tried to call everyday, but often that meant short conversations.  Often, I would go four or so days without hearing from him.  Now, he can call all the time.  We paid to put internet in his room and he got a deal on Skype for unlimited calling for like $3.  So he calls me whenever he can.  Often times, he has nothing to do all day aside from the occasional meeting, so he calls more than once.

For a while we were talking for numerous hours a day.  It was hard at first.  Going from never hearing from him to hearing from him all the time.  I was used to not having to worry about him calling to rushing through my shower to avoid missing his calls.  And I couldn't get anything done.  I was always on the phone with him.  I know, it's a weird thing to complain about, but it was hard to do dishes and clean the house when he was always calling.  And we didn't have anything to talk about.  Often times, he would check his email and play video games while I read CNN.com.  I don't do anything all day, so I'm not exactly a conversational wizard right now.  So, we decided that he shouldn't call so often.

Today was the first day of that.  But I have gotten so used to him calling all the time and being able to talk to him that I ended up emailing him and asking him to call me.  Talking to him so much has made me miss him more.  I had a bad day today.  I have been having a lot of bad days.  And what I really need is my husband to talk to and to hug me and tell me it's ok.  When I can't let things go, he calms me down.  When I'm all fired up, he reassures me that it will be alright.  And I don't really have that now.  I have random phone calls, where we don't talk about much.  

I can't wait until he comes home.  I miss him so much.  And talking to him is making it me miss him even more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

well that is certainly a unique problem. :-D I bet that talking so much must make the distance seem less to an extent. I am lucky if I can talk to my husband one the phone once every 3 weeks. I think I can agree with you that maybe talking too much might not be such a good thing.

I hope you guys find a happy medium soon...FYI, once every 3 weeks sucks ass!

September 7, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home