<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: A good list

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A good list

Well, after a big downer yesterday, I think it's time to make a list of good things in my life. Things aren't all bad. Yes, we are broke again. Yes, I have to give up horseback riding lessons for while, and yes, my husband is still not home. I still feel lost in life, but things aren't terrible. Things could be much worse.

So here's my list...

1. My husband is teaching me to play the video game Halo. He calls this "bonding time." I suck, but he is patient with me and is very excited that I have agreed to learn to play. He wants to move on to other first person shooter games. He is very cute about the whole thing. I love it. Quality time with my hubby.

2. My little dog has decided she wants nothing more than to sleep on me during the day. It's a great cure for loneliness. She is very affectionate.

3. I got approved for the Military One Source/Department of Defense money. I now have $6000 to go toward my education. This is about half of what my next section of schooling will cost. YEAH!

4. I have a big, gallon tub of ice cream in the freezer. We bought it to make Bailey's Irish Cream milk shakes... My favorite alcoholic beverage ever. But having a bowl or two with carmel sauce is also a great thing.

5. My husband gives me back rubs when he's home. He never makes me give him one in return. I do on occasion, but it is not mandatory. Man, do I love a good back rub.

6. I finally have my little dog's barking under control. She still barks a little bit, but she is very quiet when strangers come over now. A big change from her crazy barking and jumping at people. She's not perfect yet, but she is getting there.

7. I have 23 cans of Sprite in my fridge. It's the little things in life that make it worth living. :)

8. As of today, all of my jeans fit, with the exception of one pair which are extremely tiny. I have lost almost all of my post wedding weight. My shirts are starting to get a little big too. Soon, I will be the weight I was when I got married. YEAH!

9. In two weeks I will start school and will be just 10 months from finishing my degree. It may not be my dream job, but that is a huge accomplishment. I will finally have a good job and the education to back it up.

10. I will have read all of the books on my list by the time I go back to school. I set out to read quite a few books and will have them all read. Not every book on my "books I'd like to read in my lifetime" list, but all the ones I set out to read during my break from school. Not too shabby.

11. A couple of old friends have found me on Facebook. It's been so nice to reconnect with people. Some of the people who have found me, I could do without, but most of them have been a nice surprise to talk to.

12. At my husbands welcome home party, I really connected with a former Marines wife. We have always been nice to each other, but it was great to really get to talk to her. We want to get together more often now.

13. A good friend of mine wants to try to get together more often. It's always nice to have someone want to include you in their busy life.

14. I have been invited to a number of plays by a friend who has season tickets to a local theater. So that is a good Friday night with dinner and a show.

So, there you have it. 14 reasons that things aren't so bad. I'm sure I could come up with more, but I think 14 is pretty good.

Things could be much worse for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Krystel ( Armywife101.com) said...

It's nice to see that even when things aren't always going great ,that their is something else in life to make things alittle happier...even if it is something small.

Nice post!

September 30, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home