<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Giving it up

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Giving it up

I think I'm throwing in the towel on my grocery ban.

I have no food left.  I can eat pancakes twice.  I have one can of soup.  A bit of pasta and a whole lot of Top Ramen.

I have eaten almost everything in the house.  Not counting the Top Ramen, I only have food for about one more day, maybe two if I eat pasta for every meal.  Though eating Top Ramen for a week would have been a valiant effort, I just don't think I can do it.

I'm going out of town at the end of the week, which I will need to buy provisions for, and feel that it is as good a time as any to stop.  I don't know if I will go tomorrow or hold out until Tuesday, when the food really will be all gone.  I haven't decided.   

I feel confident that this is still a victory.  I went about seven weeks (maybe eight) without grocery shopping.  That is almost two full months.  I will be sad to still have copious amounts of Top Ramen in my house, I think I'm going to make a donation to the local food bank, but I still managed to eat everything else.  In fact, tonight, I am eating my final piece of chicken in celebration of having made it this far.  

I would have liked to eat all that Top Ramen.  It would have been a really sweet victory, but I just don't think the timing is right.  There are a few outside factors weighing in my decision;  I will share them with you some other time.  But given the current state of my affairs and things going on in my life right now, it is clearly time for me to go and get some food!

I wish I could have held out until next paycheck.  There is not much money for me to go and buy whatever I'd like.  I will have to be cautious with my spending, but there is not enough Top Ramen in the house to last until the 15th.  So, it is with great sadness, but a light heart that I abandon my quest for greener pastures.  




I can't wait to eat some yogurt... Man, do I miss yogurt.  And cookies.  Oatmeal cookies sound great right now.  But first thing I'm going to buy is some yogurt.  Oh, how I have missed dairy products!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

you are a freakin rockstar! I tip my hat to you for a well deserved success! congrats girl!

the next time I eat a yogurt I will think of you :-D

September 6, 2009 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger Joann said...

That's amazing that you have went 7 weeks with no grocery shopping. I would love to do that, but, with a toddler, that makes it hard. He loves his fruit!!

September 6, 2009 at 8:15 PM  
Blogger ABW said...

Wow, you have done better than I ever could!

Enjoy that yogurt, I love yogurt.

September 6, 2009 at 9:56 PM  
Blogger Shaina said...

You are totally amazing! 7 weeks without buying food...wow! I can barely go 7 days, so this is a massive accomplishment...I am so impressed! Now, go out and enjoy a special food treat! :)

September 8, 2009 at 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home