<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Finally , The Good News!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Finally , The Good News!

I am no longer bound by OPSEC.  I can now share my news with you!

Three weeks ago, we received word that the boys were coming home early.  Yep!  Early!  They told us we had a month and a half, which would mean they came home about a month early.  Then, a few days later, we were told that they were actually coming home in three weeks!

Needless to say, I was stressed. I went from having three months until he came home, to having a month and a half to having a few weeks!  I was scrambling to get ready for him to be home.  I was adjusting to the idea of him being home.  So much was going through my mind... Mostly, I was wasn't ready for him to be home.  I hadn't prepared emotionally or mentally or anything.  The house wasn't ready, my life wasn't ready.  Not to mention, we were counting on the deployment money to pay off some debt, so now we are not financially ready for him to be home.

It was a lot to take in, in a short amount of time.   But, once I started preparing, I began to get excited and anxious.  We got our window of this Monday through Friday.  Then the three day window of Wed through Fri.  I haven 't slept properly in a week.  Waiting for word of the exact day was horrible.  Then, Wed, we finally got it.  They would be home Friday around 6am.  So I packed up my bags, and heading to the town my husbands base is in, and got ready for them to be home.

They arrived 5 hours late!  We waited until noon for them to get there.  But it was worth it.  He got off the bus and I finally go to see him and kiss him.  It was amazing.

He doesn't get leave right away.  I am staying in town to see him in the evenings, but have nothing to do all day.  I'm hanging out with some wives to keep me occupied.  I have to head home tomorrow.  But he will get his 96 (four days of leave) some time soon, and will be home for a while.  I can't wait!

I have pictures of the homecoming, but forgot my cord to connect my camera to the computer, so I will post them when I get home.


YEAH!!!! My husband is home!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

YAY!!! I'm sure everything will work out now that he's home! Enjoy your time together!!

September 12, 2009 at 11:04 AM  
OpenID michellehankins said...

Yeah Erin!!! I am so excited for you and your husband! I have tears in my eyes. So excited for you guys. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

September 12, 2009 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

YAY! HAPPY NEWS! Your husband is home:)

September 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger Mother's Heart said...

Enjoy your time with your hubby.... I'm sure it's a beautiful feeling to have him back home :) xoxo

September 12, 2009 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

wow, that's awesome. I totally hate you right now!

have fun with your hubby!!!!!!

September 13, 2009 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger SLJ said...

Such great news! Enjoy your time with your hubby!

September 16, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home