<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Weeks 3-4

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Weeks 3-4

Ok, it has now been three to four weeks since I last went grocery shopping.

Amazingly, I still have food left. I do need to go the store to buy milk, which I need for cooking and sugar. Normally, sugar wouldn't be a big deal, but all I have left to drink in the house is Koolaid. I have been making it with only half a cup of sugar, hoping the sugar would last, but today I made my final pitcher. Now, usually, I don't drink Koolaid. All it is is sugar water. But my husband loves it, so we have a ton of it. I'm a 100% juice girl, myself. But I'm out of juice and am still refusing to go grocery shopping.

Here's what I have left in the house:

Freezer:
2 Hot Pockets -different flavors
1 bag of stir fry with chicken
1 bag of chicken strips
1 chicken breast
1/2 summer sausage
1 bag of mochi (this is a japanese treat made with rice, my mom makes it homemade and sends it to me so I never run out)

Refrigerator:
1 pickle (I'm saving this, because I love pickles and can't bear to run out)
1 egg
1/3 carton of milk
1 pack of bacon (which I'm eating for breakfast tomorrow)
1 package of yaki soba
1/2 bag of cherries

Pantry:
1/2 box Instant Mashed Potatoes ( I just found this on the bottom shelf today, I'm pretty excited!)
1 packet instant breakfast
3 shake and pour pancake mixes (also just found these today)
1 box of noodles with alfredo sauce
3 cans of various soup
1 can of peaches
1 can of corn
1 can refried beans
1 1/2 boxes of plain pasta
2 jars pasta sauce
2 packets of chicken soup
22 packages of Top Ramen
6 Cup A Noodle Soup
Rice

So, I think I have enough food to last me another couple of weeks at least. It will be horrible. I'm quickly running out of interesting food and getting pretty board with my choices. I'm eating Hot Pockets for breakfast, which I'm almost out of and have been eating Cup A Noodle Soups for lunch. I'm trying to vary dinner, so I don't get super bored, but pretty soon it will just be me and my Top Ramen for every meal. I have a feeling I'm going to give in and buy food when I get to that point. LOL.

My husband is pretty impressed. He called today and I read him the list of what I have left. He couldn't believe that I really haven't gone grocery shopping. I'm pretty sure he thought I would give in.

I'm considering giving up breakfast all together once I'm out of Hot Pockets. I don't usually eat it and am never very hungry in the morning. If I do that, I'm sure I can get a solid two to three weeks out of my remaining food.

I'm sure you all think I'm crazy. I still have doubts about my sanity. Who in their right mind refuses to go grocery shopping? But I'm so sick and tired of having food in the house that doesn't get eaten. I told my husband that, when he gets home, we are going to change the way we grocery shop. No more buying junk that just sits in the freezer or pantry. From now on, I'm only buying stuff I know we will eat. It's such a waste to buy food and not eat it. And we really need to tighten our belts. No more wasting money on food.

So that's where I'm at, I'll be sure to report the instant I run out of food. Or give in and go grocery shopping, whichever comes first.

3 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

Congrats for making it this far! You don't sound crazy at all. We all spend so much money on food that ends up getting thrown out or just sits in the freezer or cabinets forever. Keep sticking with it - think of all the money you're saving! (But when all you have left is Top Ramen, go grocery shopping!!) :)

August 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM  
OpenID michellehankins said...

Erin, I am so proud of you! I am glad to read all the food that you have in your home, I was starting to worry about you - I was having images of you eating Ramen noodle soup all day everyday. Your variety does not sound too bad. You go!

August 19, 2009 at 6:33 PM  
OpenID michellehankins said...

Erin, I am glad to read the list of foods left in your home - I was starting to have sad images of you sitting at home eating Ramen all day every day! It looks like the variety that you have left is not too bad, hang in there!

August 19, 2009 at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home