<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Weddings Suck

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Weddings Suck

Ok, so maybe weddings don't suck.  They are beautiful and pleasant.  It so wonderful when two people meet their match and want to get married.

But weddings while your husband is deployed suck.  Yes, it's one of those posts.  I'm feeling rather sorry for myself.  I know I said I was trying to stop that, but today was hard.

Everyone is so happy and loving.  And of course there is the constant reminder of love and unity.  There are the couples only dances and the married couples only dances.  Blessing married people, wishing them good luck.  Weddings are all about couples and love.  How depressing is that?  

My cousins wedding was beautiful.  She looked gorgeous, the groom was handsome.  The ceremony was short and sweet.  The wedding party looked stunning.  

But here's what I'm choosing to complain about.  (I say choosing, because I really shouldn't be complaining.)

I had to drive from my house to Oregon and back.  It's over three hours, one way.  My legs are cramped.  

My feet hurt from my heels.

It was a hundred degrees out and it was an outdoor wedding.

My husband wasn't there.

I know, it's pathetic to be whining about this stuff.  But really, how depressing is it to be surrounded by all of that lovey dovey stuff when your husband is gone?  And not just gone, but at war.  It sucked.

I tried so hard to enjoy myself.  It was great to see all of my family.  So many people flew in.  But I couldn't help but feel sorry for myself.  I must be the worst, most pathetic person in the world.  I'm feeling really crappy about myself for feeling this way.  

I knew I shouldn't have gone.  I thought it might be hard and thought about not going, but I just had to.  They are family.  I need to support them.  I felt like I should be there.  

BAHH!  I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow.  I'm sure this is passing.  I'm such a crappy person for not being more happy for my cousin.  I'm working on it.


~


PS.  There seems to be some confusion about my husband and his deploying.  

My husband is a reservist, that is true.  But just like active duty people, they deploy and do it fairly often.  His contract was up a few years ago, but he chooses to stay in.  He chooses to continue to drill.  He was not obligated to deploy by his contract (as much of his unit was).  He choose to deploy of his own free will...  He did this without discussing it with me.  He simply told me he was going to deploy and that I would just have to deal with it.  That is where the resentment comes from.  But reservist must fulfill their contracts, just like active duty people.  They do not choose to deploy, they are activated and deployed by their contract.

I hope that clears up any confusion.  If you have any questions about the difference between active duty and reservist, leave a comment and I will post the answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home